Nexus rumor and the impact on the X8 architecture

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the rumor that the Nexus 5 will stay with the Snapdragon 600 architecture could be good news for this generation of Moto phones.

If KLP is optimized for the 600 and not the 800, won't that keep KLP easy to optimize for the X8?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the rumor that the Nexus 5 will stay with the Snapdragon 600 architecture could be good news for this generation of Moto phones.

If KLP is optimized for the 600 and not the 800, won't that keep KLP easy to optimize for the X8?

which rumor are you talking about? I have seen the rumor it is based on the LG G2, which would include the 800

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
which rumor are you talking about? I have seen the rumor it is based on the LG G2, which would include the 800

I have to dig it back out. It was in part being based off the G2, but said it would be off the 600 instead of the 800. I thought it was an interesting choice. I will see if I can dig it up.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have to dig it back out. It was in part being based off the G2, but said it would be off the 600 instead of the 800. I thought it was an interesting choice. I will see if I can dig it up.

I guess there is no point since everything is a rumor at this point. I was really hoping for the same screen size as the n4 in a smaller body. Basically a moto nexus device.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess there is no point since everything is a rumor at this point. I was really hoping for the same screen size as the n4 in a smaller body. Basically a moto nexus device.

Ok, I just read it again in a post on DL today. Here is the actual quote.

OK, so about this photo. Recent rumors have suggested that LG is making the new Nexus which could be dubbed ?Nexus 5.? These rumors also suggest that this new Google flagship will be based (for the most part) on LG?s recent G2 offering, but potentially ditch some hardware components to stay reasonably priced, like last year?s Nexus 4. So we?re talking the same beautiful 5.2″ FHD display, but a Snapdragon 600 instead of a Snapdragon 800.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just read it again in a post on DL today. Here is the actual quote.

OK, so about this photo. Recent rumors have suggested that LG is making the new Nexus which could be dubbed ?Nexus 5.? These rumors also suggest that this new Google flagship will be based (for the most part) on LG?s recent G2 offering, but potentially ditch some hardware components to stay reasonably priced, like last year?s Nexus 4. So we?re talking the same beautiful 5.2″ FHD display, but a Snapdragon 600 instead of a Snapdragon 800.

Read the update at the end of the article you linked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21