Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To people who are ordering online, try to see the colors in the store first....

after watching a blogger suprised at a color he ordered i was wondering what their color descriptions are like, or how seriously online they make recs for ppl to see the colors in store. Now again someone mentions it.

Making a Moto X? Be careful of your color choices. | Computerworld Blogs

One thing Id recommend that you all do should you have an AT&T account and decide to customize a Moto X go into a store and see the colors in person. While Im perfectly fine with these colors, they do look somewhat different than what I saw online. Dont get me wrong, it looks good, but I would hate to see a color surprise you in a bad way after waiting patiently for four days as it ships to you.
    Not sure what their color description are like online but I work in cosmetics, and we describe colors soooooo detailed when we write copy. "Light to medium rose with a hint of shimmer", often we descibe the color reflection of the shimmer and even the warmth or cool of the color, etc. Some people won't care, but i won't be suprised if a lot of people really do.

So heads up for people ordering online, try to really get a good idea of exactly what the color is before you order. . That's my psa for the day.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Default Re: To people who are ordering online, try to see the colors in the store first....

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    "Light to medium rose with a hint of shimmer"
    No one except the person who wrote that knows what it means.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: To people who are ordering online, try to see the colors in the store first....

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    trust me, women who purchase more than 5 lipsticks a year, know what it means.

Ask your significant other if she knows the difference btwn rose and pink lipstick. And ask her what a hint of shimmer means. Unless she's not into make up, lol, in which case, she prob still know the different btwn baby pink and rose.

pinky nude, honey nude. lol that's like night and day. I can do the latter, don't come near me with the former.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    pinky nude, honey nude
    Those sound kinky!!!

At least you folks get lucky - in Canada, all we have is Blackety Black and Whitey White!

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bombay View Post
    Those sound kinky!!!

At least you folks get lucky - in Canada, all we have is Blackety Black and Whitey White!
    Just feel lucky that you're the only non-us country that gets this phone right now. :P

I saw that, when I looked at phonedogs it did seem off, better, but off. Why couldn't Moto put the real colors on the website?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Just feel lucky that you're the only non-us country that gets this phone right now. :P

I saw that, when I looked at phonedogs it did seem off, better, but off. Why couldn't Moto put the real colors on the website?
    i dunno, but their stupid instagram theme photos everywhere are driving me batty. When i go to their site i have to scroll through it as quickly as possible. i find that filter awful.

but related to their color display something tells me they think close enough in color is good enough, lol, but also, many displays translate color differently. They're about to find out how fussy people really are.