Moto Skip Dots question

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was watching a video done by Droid Life where they show off the Skip and Skip Dots, and he said that the Dots were just NFC tags to unlock your phone like the Skip does. However, our buddy Phil Nickinson has said on the podcast and in his review of the Moto X that these are Bluetooth enabled so you can use them as one of your "trusted Bluetooth devices." Anyone know what's really going on with these?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I was watching a video done by Droid Life where they show off the Skip and Skip Dots, and he said that the Dots were just NFC tags to unlock your phone like the Skip does. However, our buddy Phil Nickinson has said on the podcast and in his review of the Moto X that these are Bluetooth enabled so you can use them as one of your "trusted Bluetooth devices." Anyone know what's really going on with these?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

They're NFC tags. I need to play around with them some more.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, but I would assume that they would be NFC tags if they do not require power (i.e. they are powered by the NFC chip in the smartphone). With BT devices, you'd need to charge them ever so often which doesn't make sense for a "dot" that you can put anywhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member