Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Just ordered a Bamboo, With Blue accents and white front as a replacement for my current one that had problems with the Navy coming off. I can't wait for it to get here! I'll post pics when received

Cindy B1

May 18, 2014
Visit site

I never got around to posting mine that I got back in April. Here is what motorola says my phone would look like and here it is, with and without its bumper. The bumper is this one from Amazon " Slick Shell TPU Black and White Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X " I like the look without it, but now I am used to it and the thicker edge helps with slipping it out of my purse pocket. The bumper is white with a black border and I wish it was all white, but maybe the black is cleaner. I also thought about cutting out the little black covers over the side buttons. I wish I had gotten a different accent (bolder), but I wanted something that wasn't too crazy in case I ever sell it. I hope I made the photos small enough to fit well.

Attachments

• motoxphoto.png
    motoxphoto.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN2026.JPG
    DSCN2026.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN2031.JPG
    DSCN2031.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCN2037.JPG
    DSCN2037.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN2038.JPG
    DSCN2038.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN2036.JPG
    DSCN2036.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN2027.JPG
    DSCN2027.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 276

annicus

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Well it turns out, I get to recustomize it again after all. I got my device today and the inscription has a shadow. It's done in raised ink, but there is a shadow a little above and to the left, in a lighter non-raised ink. I'm on chat and they're sending me a replacement. I wonder if I should go with the green accents now... hmmmm.

Also, has anyone had issues with inscriptions? I'm wondering if I should just leave off the inscription now, but I love that it's a free option.

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Well it turns out, I get to recustomize it again after all. I got my device today and the inscription has a shadow. It's done in raised ink, but there is a shadow a little above and to the left, in a lighter non-raised ink. I'm on chat and they're sending me a replacement. I wonder if I should go with the green accents now... hmmmm.

Also, has anyone had issues with inscriptions? I'm wondering if I should just leave off the inscription now, but I love that it's a free option.

on my slate one, the S was darker than the other letters in SAVINI. it looked as if the S was drawn in pencil and the other letters were white. I haven't heard of anyone really having problems, but then again some people don't care for little things like that unlike me

annicus

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

on my slate one, the S was darker than the other letters in SAVINI. it looked as if the S was drawn in pencil and the other letters were white. I haven't heard of anyone really having problems, but then again some people don't care for little things like that unlike me
Thanks for the input. It looked like my emoticon was first drawn in pencil also, except they did it a little off center, to the left, and then realized it and moved it to the center. If it was just one part of the emoticon and not offset, I probably wouldn't mind as much.

Did you ask for them to replace it?

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

My inscription is perfect. I have the magenta back.

Posted via Android Central App

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the input. It looked like my emoticon was first drawn in pencil also, except they did it a little off center, to the left, and then realized it and moved it to the center. If it was just one part of the emoticon and not offset, I probably wouldn't mind as much.

Did you ask for them to replace it?

it didnt really bother me enough to get a replacement, but then the soft touch on the back got shiney so i sent it back then hahah im staying away from the engravings though, makes it easier to sell if its a clean back and not your name

ryan moreno

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

My slate seems to be holding up pretty well. I don't have any complaints. I'm currently using it naked.

Posted via Android Central App

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I never got around to posting mine that I got back in April. Here is what motorola says my phone would look like and here it is, with and without its bumper. The bumper is this one from Amazon " Slick Shell TPU Black and White Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X " I like the look without it, but now I am used to it and the thicker edge helps with slipping it out of my purse pocket. The bumper is white with a black border and I wish it was all white, but maybe the black is cleaner. I also thought about cutting out the little black covers over the side buttons. I wish I had gotten a different accent (bolder), but I wanted something that wasn't too crazy in case I ever sell it. I hope I made the photos small enough to fit well.

I like it! The whole thing looks great!

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

e4u7a7eb.jpg
e9uty4y3.jpg

Picked this one up on Swappa for $280. It's a 32gb and not a mark on it. I was going to build one with the walnut back but was having a hard time justifying $475 for it at this point. I'm very happy with it at the price I paid.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

My wife's X arrived today, it's for her business so we put the business name on the back.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Attachments

• 28931.jpg
    28931.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 102

motorvirus

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

69ghost

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

I just ordered a Navy Blue/Black/Lemon Lime Moto X. Thanks to Verizon and the front camera issue, they gave me a code for a free Moto X! I love Motorola's customer service

Hello,
can you post a picture of your phone please? I'm interested by the lemon lime!

And is it possible to have a look on metallic cherry accent please?

Thanks you!

Sorry for my language, I'm French.

Last edited:

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Those wood grains are slick. I would need a bumper and not a case though haha. I have to have a case on my phone.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Those wood grains are slick. I would need a bumper and not a case though haha. I have to have a case on my phone.

I just bought a Bamboo back, white front, with the blue accents and love it. I've traditionally used a case but just can't seem to keep this one is a case, I love the feel of it too much. I bought the clear case from Motorola (since it was half off), so I can have it in the case and still see the wood back.

IMG_20140729_113611.jpg

And a second photo, largely to show how different the blue accents can appear, depending on the lighting and the angle.

IMG_20140729_114549.jpg

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I just bought a Bamboo back, white front, with the blue accents and love it. I've traditionally used a case but just can't seem to keep this one is a case, I love the feel of it too much. I bought the clear case from Motorola (since it was half off), so I can have it in the case and still see the wood back.

View attachment 129782

And a second photo, largely to show how different the blue accents can appear, depending on the lighting and the angle.

View attachment 129783

looks good! i wanted to pull the trigger on that combo but couldn't get myself to spend the extra $$ because of the +1 coming out soon.

ryan moreno

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

That looks really nice. I should have bought a wood back. Especially since I bought my moto while it was on sale. Instead I went with the 32gb version.

Posted via the Android Central App

shani-6420

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys, I'm new. Some really nice designs here. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me decide between these two designs,I really can't choose:

CONF_SVC_RedirectToAssetImage-Service jj.png

CONF_SVC_RedirectToAssetImage-Service crimson silver.png

I'm a 28 year old female,if it helps! :D

Also,any suggestions for a power on message will be a huge help! Thanks a million