Moto-X battery over GNex Extended Battery

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon GNex with the 2100mAh extended battery. I see the Moto-X has a 2,200 mAh battery. I understand that my GNex has bad antennas and such, but will the Moto-X really provide more use-time?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
They posted a review yesterday that said 14hrs with use. The Battery in moto uses a new technology designed by LG.

Posted via Android Central App

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I read it. 14 hours is not much more than I get with my GNex with regular use. My issue is whenever I am off Wifi and the phone is hunting for signals the battery burns quickly.

Trojann2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I read it. 14 hours is not much more than I get with my GNex with regular use. My issue is whenever I am off Wifi and the phone is hunting for signals the battery burns quickly.

The VZW Nex always had horrid battery life when it was powering a LTE and CDMA radio. If you go GSM you'll be sitting happier.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
No GSM for me. Verizon has the best service where I live.

I found out that AT&T has better service than Verizon........ Outside that is. And faster data speeds. But the wife doesn't want to switch carriers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Plus, I still have unlimited with Verizon...

Yeah the wife still has unlimited but we're thinking of switching to one of the promos VZ has now. Either the 6GB or 8GB share plan. Might make our bill a little cheaper.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4