Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with Motorola X here

harusada.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't see ant problem with the camera. If anything its more realistic.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

I don't see ant problem with the camera. If anything its more realistic.

Hardly...it is def. behind the current crop of flagships. realistic means nothing with far less detail. Colors looks washed to me.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Hardly...it is def. behind the current crop of flagships. realistic means nothing with far less detail. Colors looks washed to me.

I own the GS4, iPhone 5 and now the Motorola X. As far as detail, I get the same between the GS4 and the X so not sure where you get that from. Also, the GS4 can barely focus enough to get a clear shot where as the X gets a far clearer shot 95% of the time.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I own the GS4, iPhone 5 and now the Motorola X. As far as detail, I get the same between the GS4 and the X so not sure where you get that from. Also, the GS4 can barely focus enough to get a clear shot where as the X gets a far clearer shot 95% of the time.

So in your opinion is the gs4 only better for color?

Sent from my GT-I9192

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I wish the X photos outside weren't so washed out and muted. It's not going to stop me from getting the Maxx though.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

So in your opinion is the gs4 only better for color?

Sent from my GT-I9192

In my opinion the GS4 seems to "sometimes" over expose colors giving a false sense of looking better. And yes there are a few pictures that I've taken where the GS4 does a better job, but only if you can remain completely still. The GS4 has a hard time locking in a good focus if you even move a little. The Motorola X from what I've noticed focuses much better and faster. Allowing for clearer shots.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

In my opinion the GS4 seems to "sometimes" over expose colors giving a false sense of looking better. And yes there are a few pictures that I've taken where the GS4 does a better job, but only if you can remain completely still. The GS4 has a hard time locking in a good focus if you even move a little. The Motorola X from what I've noticed focuses much better and faster. Allowing for clearer shots.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my GT-I9192

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Ya I read somewhere that moto x
Has 4x faster shutter speed compared to s4 so good for taking action shots ..probably the price you pay to get fast focus and non blurry action shots is less color saturation ?

Posted via Android Central App

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Has 4x faster shutter speed compared to s4 so good for taking action shots ..probably the price you pay to get fast focus and non blurry action shots is less color saturation ?

Possible. But I believe the saturation part can easily be fixed with a software update

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Possible. But I believe the saturation part can easily be fixed with a software update

Ya true ..also x has good photo editing capabilities ..I used punch effect on couple of my shots and colors pop on the pictures now :) ..so there goes the advantage of s4 ..

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Definitely like the X pictures better than the One pictures
In this instance, I agree. Granted, I didn't get to test them in varied conditions and the lighting wasn't too challenging for either, but the Moto X performed better than I expected. I do wish it took photos as quickly as the HTC One though. There's a slight pause in between when you tap the screen and when the picture is taken because the autofocus is a little slow. The HTC One is instantaneous.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Please tell me you put those 2 photos through an instagram filter. If not, that almost seems like an anomoly, i have not seen 2 photos have the color that bad bad out of the moto yet.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Please tell me you put those 2 photos through an instagram filter. If not, that almost seems like an anomoly, i have not seen 2 photos have the color that bad bad out of the moto yet.
The filter is actually built into then moto gallery for editing photos.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Shutter speed has everything to do with light/motion blur and nothing to do with color saturation. Saturation is sensor/software alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy