Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Default Re: Moto X Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by grooks View Post
    Here are my screen shots for today's battery test. I was on LTE all day and never used WiFi once.

Sent from my Moto X
    That looks pretty fantastic. While it's hard to tell, I'm assuming that if I were to not use the screen that much (because typically in a day, I probably wont use it more than 3 hours at most), I would still have plenty of life left. And that's speaking more towards idle drain or lack thereof. It seems based on those screenshots, that idle drain wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for posting!!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Hey I am doing 6-8 screen time for the fourth charge in a row. Everything on except Bluetooth. I don't give a crap if you believe it or not. No way I am going out of my way to prove anything to you after that rant. You either have a defective moto x, don't know what your doing or a little of both. Take it back and get a maxx. The moto x is too complicated for you.

Posted via Android Central App
    Post it, it's that easy. If you don't post it, it flat out did not happen. It's not even hard to post, and is super easy to prove. I am calling you a liar until you actually post the screen shot.

We don't need fanbois exaggerating facts. Let the phone sell it self. There is no way this thing gets 6-8 hours of screen time with this battery.

It is a very nice phone, and I really enjoy it, my favorite phone so far, I just refuse to even entertain bull****. 6-8 hours, put up those screen shots, or stop lying.
    Thanked by:
    alee 
    alee likes this.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydude35 View Post
    That looks pretty fantastic. While it's hard to tell, I'm assuming that if I were to not use the screen that much (because typically in a day, I probably wont use it more than 3 hours at most), I would still have plenty of life left. And that's speaking more towards idle drain or lack thereof. It seems based on those screenshots, that idle drain wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for posting!!
    I would think with 3 hour screen time you could easily get 16 hours with battery life to spare.

Sent from my Moto X

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    Post it, it's that easy. If you don't post it, it flat out did not happen. It's not even hard to post, and is super easy to prove. I am calling you a liar until you actually post the screen shot.

We don't need fanbois exaggerating facts. Let the phone sell it self. There is no way this thing gets 6-8 hours of screen time with this battery.

It is a very nice phone, and I really enjoy it, my favorite phone so far, I just refuse to even entertain bull****. 6-8 hours, put up those screen shots, or stop lying.
    Hey man I'm in the same boat as you. I wanna know how this battery really performs. Real world stats. I really don't want the Maxx, too much up front cost. And I'm not a fan of the design. No need to call people liars though. It is extremely easy to put up a screen shot though for all those reading this. I did one of my GNex only getting 5 1/2 hours on battery and 1 1/2 hours of screen time in the Maxx forum. I want to believe in this phone so much still haven't been able to test it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    jimbo1mcm likes this.

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

I'm getting great battery. 15 hours down to 42% with 2 hours screen on time. Pretty heavy usage also with some basic daily stuff. 2 emails syncing texts about 40 min on phone Facebook and instagram along with flip board checking often. Also about 20 minutes of gaming.

I love this phone so much

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ki11ak3nn View Post
    Hey man I'm in the same boat as you. I wanna know how this battery really performs. Real world stats. I really don't want the Maxx, too much up front cost. And I'm not a fan of the design. No need to call people liars though. It is extremely easy to put up a screen shot though for all those reading this. I did one of my GNex only getting 5 1/2 hours on battery and 1 1/2 hours of screen time in the Maxx forum. I want to believe in this phone so much still haven't been able to test it.

I realize I was a bit harsh, but come one man, 6-8 hours? It's a 2200 mAh battery. Realistically, 3-4 hours will be tops.

It is a pretty nice phone too I am really enjoying it.
    ki11ak3nn likes this.

I would suggest anyone with Android OS as their top battery item should investigate their phone with a tool like Better Battery Stats. You probably have an app that is keeping your phone awake a lot. I don't have an X, but on my GNex my Screen is always the top (unless I don't use it, but the screen is a horrible drain on this phone) with Phone Idle and Cell Standby always number 2 and 3. After that Google Service is between 11-15%. Wifi and Bluetooth hover around 5%. It isn't fair to compare phones, but Android OS "should" be no higher then 4 unless you just leave your phone idle for days. My GNex's idle time is ~2% on wifi and ~3% on 4g.

Some of these screen on times sound fantastic for such a small battery.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

Here is a pic of mine from yesterday

Attachment 79221

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Android os is definitely my biggest drain. And lots of other people obviously. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timcr444 View Post
    Android os is definitely my biggest drain. And lots of other people obviously. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
    The first thing to look at are widgets and how often they refresh data. A lot of widgets let you designate how often they update.
    Thanked by:

First work day with the Moto X running on LTE. I actually expected my screen time to be worse than WiFi but so far the numbers look the same. Soooo, on for the fifth day in a row of 6-8 hours of screen time. I have everything turned on from assist to Google Now with the exception of Bluetooth. I also use Lama to turn my WiFi off when I leave my house and lama also sets my phone to Quiet when I pull into work. My first two hours of use pretty much consisted of Twitter, Facebook, Flipboard and of course the Android Central App. So far at this point in my day I would be plugging my iPhone 5 in at my desk so that it would have a charge to get me home. I have a charger here for the Moto X but I don't really think that I will be needing it today Believe it or not, I really don't care. The Moto X totally rocks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-03-11-59-09.png   Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-03-12-15-47.png   Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-03-12-15-54.png  
    ki11ak3nn likes this.

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    I realize I was a bit harsh, but come one man, 6-8 hours? It's a 2200 mAh battery. Realistically, 3-4 hours will be tops.

It is a pretty nice phone too I am really enjoying it.
    True. My extended battery in my GNex pulls about that much. But I thought the X it supposed to be "optimized". Plus if I can turn 4G off and use JuiceDefender or some other power saving app I'm sure I would be able to get 6-8 hours no problem.

Moto X Screen time after 3 Hours on LTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-03-15-07-40.png   Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-03-15-07-58.png   Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-03-15-10-38.png  
    Thanked by:
    DustyBottoms and jephanie like this.

WiFi off Bluetooth off location services off, brightness auto, nothing syncing, power saver off. Just usually text, instagram and browse and get sbout 2 and half hours on screen time. Chrome seems to heat up my phone. Either way I think its time for an exchange.

Global Posts
    6,928 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Auto brightness tends to eat battery quickly too. Also, Wi-Fi on can lessen the battery drain off GPS.

Nexus through spacetime.

No WiFi, Bluetooth off GPS on, active notifications on, touchless control on. 2 email accounts and 1 Facebook syncing. Not very good

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by andog88 View Post
    WiFi off Bluetooth off location services off, brightness auto, nothing syncing, power saver off. Just usually text, instagram and browse and get sbout 2 and half hours on screen time. Chrome seems to heat up my phone. Either way I think its time for an exchange.
    Agreed. I think there's something wrong with your Moto X and I would return it.

Quote Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
    No WiFi, Bluetooth off GPS on, active notifications on, touchless control on. 2 email accounts and 1 Facebook syncing. Not very good

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/04/uze6ebe5.jpg

Doesn't seem great...

Global Posts
    6,928 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/04/uze6ebe5.jpg

Trending for 5.2 hours screen on

Nexus through spacetime.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Trending for 5.2 hours screen on

Nexus through spacetime.
    Yeah but tending for only about about 7 hours total off charger.

I'll put up an update later.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,928 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Yeah but tending for only about about 7 hours total off charger.

Yeah screen comes out of standby.

Nexus through spacetime.

Not impressed yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378242814140.jpg   Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378242856208.jpg  

That would be about 21 hours standby. Can't tell on screen time by those shots though

That would be about 21 hours standby. Can't tell on screen time by those shots though

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378243279325.jpg  
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast