Moto X Battery Life

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have checked my apps. My battery life is just not good. Android System is the culprit today. 13 hours in, 70% is left, 39 whole minutes of screen time.

I would like to know how people are getting 5 hours of screen time. I plain flat out am calling it a lie created by fanbois. If that is offensive, then post a screen shot of this 5 hours of screen time with 50% battery left, post the list of installed apps, and how many hours of phone calls that was made.

If these screenies and stats do not get posted, then it's a confirmed lie.

This phone, if it is actually used will NOT get 5 hours of screen time. If any phone calls where made, then I suspect it will be 3-3.5 hours of screen time, and that will be with a dead battery.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have checked my apps. My battery life is just not good. Android System is the culprit today. 13 hours in, 70% is left, 39 whole minutes of screen time.

I would like to know how people are getting 5 hours of screen time. I plain flat out am calling it a lie created by fanbois. If that is offensive, then post a screen shot of this 5 hours of screen time with 50% battery left, post the list of installed apps, and how many hours of phone calls that was made.

If these screenies and stats do not get posted, then it's a confirmed lie.

This phone, if it is actually used will NOT get 5 hours of screen time. If any phone calls where made, then I suspect it will be 3-3.5 hours of screen time, and that will be with a dead battery.

Hey I am doing 6-8 screen time for the fourth charge in a row. Everything on except Bluetooth. I don't give a crap if you believe it or not. No way I am going out of my way to prove anything to you after that rant. You either have a defective moto x, don't know what your doing or a little of both. Take it back and get a maxx. The moto x is too complicated for you.

Posted via Android Central App

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is my time so far today with about 1 hour of screen time. I have WiFi and Bluetooth on. Bluetooth was used in my car for about 30 minutes. 39 minutes talking.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378173636893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378173636893.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 50

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Any chance you'd be willing to use it JUST on LTE for a day? I'm curious how that will affect your battery life, seeing as you appear to be on WiFi the entire time.

Here are my screen shots for today's battery test. I was on LTE all day and never used WiFi once.

Sent from my Moto X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378176353405.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378176353405.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378176397008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378176397008.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 51

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Here are my screen shots for today's battery test. I was on LTE all day and never used WiFi once.

Sent from my Moto X

Very nice and there you go, that's an easy 6 hour screen time if you kept going. While there are a few that can't believe it there are a lot that are doing it. Thanks for posting , your times look similar to mine. Tomorrow I start a week of almost full time LTE. I would be surprised if I had a day of less than 6 hours screen time. I haven't yet .

hockeydude35

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Moto X

That looks pretty fantastic. While it's hard to tell, I'm assuming that if I were to not use the screen that much (because typically in a day, I probably wont use it more than 3 hours at most), I would still have plenty of life left. And that's speaking more towards idle drain or lack thereof. It seems based on those screenshots, that idle drain wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for posting!!

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am doing 6-8 screen time for the fourth charge in a row. Everything on except Bluetooth. I don't give a crap if you believe it or not. No way I am going out of my way to prove anything to you after that rant. You either have a defective moto x, don't know what your doing or a little of both. Take it back and get a maxx. The moto x is too complicated for you.

Post it, it's that easy. If you don't post it, it flat out did not happen. It's not even hard to post, and is super easy to prove. I am calling you a liar until you actually post the screen shot.

We don't need fanbois exaggerating facts. Let the phone sell it self. There is no way this thing gets 6-8 hours of screen time with this battery.

It is a very nice phone, and I really enjoy it, my favorite phone so far, I just refuse to even entertain bull****. 6-8 hours, put up those screen shots, or stop lying.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That looks pretty fantastic. While it's hard to tell, I'm assuming that if I were to not use the screen that much (because typically in a day, I probably wont use it more than 3 hours at most), I would still have plenty of life left. And that's speaking more towards idle drain or lack thereof. It seems based on those screenshots, that idle drain wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for posting!!

I would think with 3 hour screen time you could easily get 16 hours with battery life to spare.

Sent from my Moto X

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Post it, it's that easy. If you don't post it, it flat out did not happen. It's not even hard to post, and is super easy to prove. I am calling you a liar until you actually post the screen shot.

We don't need fanbois exaggerating facts. Let the phone sell it self. There is no way this thing gets 6-8 hours of screen time with this battery.

It is a very nice phone, and I really enjoy it, my favorite phone so far, I just refuse to even entertain bull****. 6-8 hours, put up those screen shots, or stop lying.

Hey man I'm in the same boat as you. I wanna know how this battery really performs. Real world stats. I really don't want the Maxx, too much up front cost. And I'm not a fan of the design. No need to call people liars though. It is extremely easy to put up a screen shot though for all those reading this. I did one of my GNex only getting 5 1/2 hours on battery and 1 1/2 hours of screen time in the Maxx forum. I want to believe in this phone so much still haven't been able to test it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting great battery. 15 hours down to 42% with 2 hours screen on time. Pretty heavy usage also with some basic daily stuff. 2 emails syncing texts about 40 min on phone Facebook and instagram along with flip board checking often. Also about 20 minutes of gaming.

I love this phone so much

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey man I'm in the same boat as you. I wanna know how this battery really performs. Real world stats. I really don't want the Maxx, too much up front cost. And I'm not a fan of the design. No need to call people liars though. It is extremely easy to put up a screen shot though for all those reading this. I did one of my GNex only getting 5 1/2 hours on battery and 1 1/2 hours of screen time in the Maxx forum. I want to believe in this phone so much still haven't been able to test it.

I realize I was a bit harsh, but come one man, 6-8 hours? It's a 2200 mAh battery. Realistically, 3-4 hours will be tops.

It is a pretty nice phone too :) I am really enjoying it.

drhill

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest anyone with Android OS as their top battery item should investigate their phone with a tool like Better Battery Stats. You probably have an app that is keeping your phone awake a lot. I don't have an X, but on my GNex my Screen is always the top (unless I don't use it, but the screen is a horrible drain on this phone) with Phone Idle and Cell Standby always number 2 and 3. After that Google Service is between 11-15%. Wifi and Bluetooth hover around 5%. It isn't fair to compare phones, but Android OS "should" be no higher then 4 unless you just leave your phone idle for days. My GNex's idle time is ~2% on wifi and ~3% on 4g.

Some of these screen on times sound fantastic for such a small battery.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Android os is definitely my biggest drain. And lots of other people obviously. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

The first thing to look at are widgets and how often they refresh data. A lot of widgets let you designate how often they update.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
First work day with the Moto X running on LTE. I actually expected my screen time to be worse than WiFi but so far the numbers look the same. Soooo, on for the fifth day in a row of 6-8 hours of screen time. I have everything turned on from assist to Google Now with the exception of Bluetooth. I also use Lama to turn my WiFi off when I leave my house and lama also sets my phone to Quiet when I pull into work. My first two hours of use pretty much consisted of Twitter, Facebook, Flipboard and of course the Android Central App. So far at this point in my day I would be plugging my iPhone 5 in at my desk so that it would have a charge to get me home. I have a charger here for the Moto X but I don't really think that I will be needing it today:) Believe it or not, I really don't care. The Moto X totally rocks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-03-11-59-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-11-59-09.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2013-09-03-12-15-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-12-15-47.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2013-09-03-12-15-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-12-15-54.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 43

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I realize I was a bit harsh, but come one man, 6-8 hours? It's a 2200 mAh battery. Realistically, 3-4 hours will be tops.

It is a pretty nice phone too :) I am really enjoying it.

True. My extended battery in my GNex pulls about that much. But I thought the X it supposed to be "optimized". Plus if I can turn 4G off and use JuiceDefender or some other power saving app I'm sure I would be able to get 6-8 hours no problem.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Moto X Screen time after 3 Hours on LTE

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-07-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-07-40.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-07-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-07-58.png
    113 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-10-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-10-38.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 42

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
WiFi off Bluetooth off location services off, brightness auto, nothing syncing, power saver off. Just usually text, instagram and browse and get sbout 2 and half hours on screen time. Chrome seems to heat up my phone. Either way I think its time for an exchange.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Auto brightness tends to eat battery quickly too. Also, Wi-Fi on can lessen the battery drain off GPS.

Nexus through spacetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49