Moto X Battery Life

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting around 2% per hour of idle drain overnight. My partial wakelocks seems to be fine but I think my kernel wakelocks are the source of it.

Anyone know what these "qcom_rx_wakelock" and "main" wakelocks are all about?

Screenshot_2013-09-25-01-43-28.png

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting around 2% per hour of idle drain overnight. My partial wakelocks seems to be fine but I think my kernel wakelocks are the source of it.

Anyone know what these "qcom_rx_wakelock" and "main" wakelocks are all about?

View attachment 83055

hmmmm, not for sure on that one...but the way its looking its not eating up anything correct me if im wrong

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
hmmm... i'm on day 1 with my moto x after its first full charge last night. came off the charger at 6:45am, 5 hours later i'm down to 60% battery left with about 30 minutes of on screen time.

does it take some time for the battery to settle in the first few days?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
hmmm... i'm on day 1 with my moto x after its first full charge last night. came off the charger at 6:45am, 5 hours later i'm down to 60% battery left with about 30 minutes of on screen time.

does it take some time for the battery to settle in the first few days?

You will have to look at what is using the battery. 5 hours off charger and only 30 minutes screen time should not equate to 40% drain in most situations.

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You will have to look at what is using the battery. 5 hours off charger and only 30 minutes screen time should not equate to 40% drain in most situations.

i would post my screen shot, but i don't know how to post a picture.

android os 33%
screen 31%
wifi 10%
phone idle 5%

bluetooth on, wifi on, touchless control off.

i sent back my last phone (z10) cause the battery sucked. i primarily bought this phone because of the battery, and it sucks as well! really not happy right now.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
i would post my screen shot, but i don't know how to post a picture.

android os 33%
screen 31%
wifi 10%
phone idle 5%

bluetooth on, wifi on, touchless control off.

i sent back my last phone (z10) cause the battery sucked. i primarily bought this phone because of the battery, and it sucks as well! really not happy right now.

Power and Volume down at the same time will take a screen shot.

There are a number of factors that can run down the battery. Have you disabled any of the boatware that came with the phone? Is GPS on? Is "Location Reporting" in Google setttings on or off? Apps that refresh in the background can kill a battery pretty quick if you have enough of them. Under accounts in settings, pull up Google and see what's setup for syncing. Most likely, everything will be so disable what you don't need.

Download something like SystemPanelLite and see what's running and Wakelock Detector to see what's keeping your phone from sleeping. Once you get these things ironed out, the battery will be a non issue.

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Power and Volume down at the same time will take a screen shot.

There are a number of factors that can run down the battery. Have you disabled any of the boatware that came with the phone? Is GPS on? Is "Location Reporting" in Google setttings on or off? Apps that refresh in the background can kill a battery pretty quick if you have enough of them. Under accounts in settings, pull up Google and see what's setup for syncing. Most likely, everything will be so disable what you don't need.

Download something like SystemPanelLite and see what's running and Wakelock Detector to see what's keeping your phone from sleeping. Once you get these things ironed out, the battery will be a non issue.

really appreciate your help. i'm a bit lost after using ios for so long.

i deleted the bloatware. not sure if gps is on, but i would assume so. location reporting is off. i turned off a few google sync settings, but i do use drive, calendar, gmail.

i downloaded those 2 apps, but i'm not sure how to use them or what to look for.

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
i'm using wakelock detector as you recommended now, and it seems like the 3 biggest culprits are skype (16m56s), microsoft exchnage (6m17s) and facebook (3m46s). i'm not sure what any of this stuff means. these apps are closed and i turned off all notifications that i know of for skype and facebook.

does this look like an issue?

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
hmm, weird. i have been having below average battery performance compared to most of you. i've been fiddling around with settings the past few days and at the moment things have stabilized a bit. after about an hour off the charger and 10 minutes of screen time, i was down to 98%. then about an hour later, i checked my battery and it was back to 100%. weird.

ret63

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I just sold my One.... I was getting the worst battery life ever .. after charing it all night I would loose about 10% in the first hour of light use.

On Friday I picked up the Moto X and I'm getting up to 24 hours in a single charge, also it seems to charge faster.

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I am somewhat disappointed by my battery life, yesterday down to 18% with 2.5 hrs screen time, wifi on and bluetooth on
Today as of now 3.5 hours - 78%
Screen time on 38m at less than 50% brightness-43%
Chrome -15%
Android OS 11 %
Phone Idle- 6%
Wifi- 6%
Andorid system- 4%
Voice calls - 4%
Cell standby- 4%
Bluetooth- 4%
I have turned wifi off, also the only items syncing in Google are App data, Contacts and G mail, also have GPS turned off, does this get better or is this phone battery defective ?
Also yesterday after 20 minutes of internet the phone was hot ( screen time on ) Should I exchange as I am still within the 14 day window?

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
those with poor battery... are you guys using microsoft exchange for your emails and calendar? i deleted my corporate exchange account in setting and instead started routing everything through the gmail app and it seems like the difference in battery is night and day.

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I
I have had the moto X since Friday but didn't get around to using it for a full day until today. I am really pleased with the battery life.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app