MOTOX users..think this is a good worthy upgrade from the S3?

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think. I am starting to think a note 3 screen might be too big for me now (personal opinion). Ive been eyeing the S4, but didnt think it was a worthy upgrade, HTC one was meh. Moto X and its features seem interesting, but not gonna lie ( I was a little worried about the specs, until I read the user experience and how buttery it is on the forum). What are your thoughts?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can either of you go in to a little detail in regards to why? How? Who?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

The experience is better. Touch less control works great. In hand feel is awesome. Active notifications work real well. It's a great package.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I like it more than my S4

Sent from my Moto X

The whole experience you get with moto x is superior than my s4 ..it has features that I use and makes my life easier ..its snappy and runs fast with zero lag this is the first android phone i used that gave me that feeling ..I can see now why iPhone folks appreciate that now :)..I simply love the trusted Bluetooth feature it is most under rated and less talked about feature but its so useful I just hook it up to laptop Bluetooth and phone remains unlocked ( my company forces to use pins on phone).I don't have to punch by pin every time I pick up my phone ..I can shout at my phone to do quick stuff like setting alarms making calls ..while I text from my laptop using chrome connect feature ..I can keep going on ..:) but the moto x as a whole package gives great user experience ..

Posted via Android Central App

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The experience is better. Touch less control works great. In hand feel is awesome. Active notifications work real well. It's a great package.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I am super happy to hear that!! I have great expectations for this phone. My last Moto phone was the Atrix 4G. The Atrix 2 and Atrix HD were flops. So I went with a GS3 and then a GS3. I find Moto's cell and WiFi radios perform better by a long shot. I hope to expect that kind of quality from the Moto X.

Now I am just saving my pennies and looking to see if the Nexus 5 can compare.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The whole experience you get with moto x is superior than my s4 ..it has features that I use and makes my life easier ..its snappy and runs fast with zero lag this is the first android phone i used that gave me that feeling ..I can see now why iPhone folks appreciate that now ..I simply love the trusted Bluetooth feature it is most under rated and less talked about feature but its so useful I just hook it up to laptop Bluetooth and phone remains unlocked ( my company forces to use pins on phone).I don't have to punch by pin every time I pick up my phone ..I can shout at my phone to do quick stuff like setting alarms making calls ..while I text from my laptop using chrome connect feature ..I can keep going on .. but the moto x as a whole package gives great user experience ..

But but but CORES! Mid-range!

Impossible!

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can either of you go in to a little detail in regards to why? How? Who?

1. I like the fit of the phone in my hands better. No more fumbling around when trying to use with one hand or reaching my thumb up to manage the notifications.
2. Build quality is stellar. Good materials, solid weight, and no creaks or rattling sounds that i've had with most Android phones.
3. Fantastic screen quality. I really see no difference when compared to the higher quality screen of the S4
4. Battery life is insanely good. So far today I've gone through only 27% battery and the phone has been off the charger for almost 12 hours. This is with Streaming music for 30-45 minutes, I downloaded 6 games from the play store, Played NBA jam for 15 minutes or so, sent a bunch of texts and Facebook messages and made one phone call that was about 5 minutes.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I find Moto's cell and WiFi radios perform better by a long shot.

I forgot to mention this. I was sitting with both my X and S4 in one hand and the other and the moto X had all Bars of service where the S4 only had 2. Quite surprised at how good the cell service is with this phone.

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention this. I was sitting with both my X and S4 in one hand and the other and the moto X had all Bars of service where the S4 only had 2. Quite surprised at how good the cell service is with this phone.

They kind of pioneered the whole RF thing. I have been very disappointed with Samsung in terms of signal quality.

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
1. I like the fit of the phone in my hands better. No more fumbling around when trying to use with one hand or reaching my thumb up to manage the notifications.
2. Build quality is stellar. Good materials, solid weight, and no creaks or rattling sounds that i've had with most Android phones.
3. Fantastic screen quality. I really see no difference when compared to the higher quality screen of the S4
4. Battery life is insanely good. So far today I've gone through only 27% battery and the phone has been off the charger for almost 12 hours. This is with Streaming music for 30-45 minutes, I downloaded 6 games from the play store, Played NBA jam for 15 minutes or so, sent a bunch of texts and Facebook messages and made one phone call that was about 5 minutes.

That right there means everything! Maybe not to everyone, but I think the price tag is worth it if the product is of good quality, battery life is always appreciated. More and more I need my phone to last longer.

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
the signal on my S4 is a lot better then it was on my razr

I haven't had an S4, so I cannot compare. I know in some of the rural places I work in I could make calls on my Moto, but on my GS3 it struggles.

I guess I should not have made the comment so general, more as in my experience. I assume that Moto's background in RF would give them a deeper insight on how to get the best they can out of the radios they put in their phones.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Samsung makes great phones, with great radios, and great call quality. You'll find bigger differences in reception between carriers than phones, but it's all largely dependent on where you live. It should be a basis of consideration, but you can't get that advice from the interwebz.

For the OP, the Moto X is a vast improvement over the S3. I had an S3. I really liked it too, for all its shortcomings (TOUCHWIZ), and I am probably buying a Moto X when it's made available to me.

One thing though: if you're not impressed by the S4, but the Note 3 might be too big, then why don't you give some consideration to the LG G2?

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 always struggled with signal and call clarity. That's why I'm on a Nexus 4. Will certainly be looking to Moto X or Nexus 5 for my next move.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4