Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Moto X can't hear me say "listen" when using Assist while driving!

When I have my Moto X connected to my car over bluetooth to listen to music or podcasts, it doesn't hear me say "listen" when it tells me I just received a text message. Almost like the microphone isn't working either on the bluetooth microphone in my car or the phone itself. I tested the microphone when sending a text message and it worked fine but doesn't work when Assist asks me too. Anyone else have this problem?

Default Re: Moto X can't hear me say "listen" when using Assist while driving!

May be its too noisy in the car with doors open or loud music?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No it would say too noisy it just sits there with the mic then the screen times out after awhile.

try not using the "assist" feature, but placing a call over bluetooth in your car. That will at least tell you if it is the phone or your car microphone.

Also if the phone is in the cup holder ..mics on the phone could be blocked ..put it in someplace where you think mics are not blocked

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I tried sending a text with my voice in the messaging app and it worked fine. So I know that the car mic and the phone's mic do work.

- - - Updated - - -

I held it up to my mouth, not very safe I know, and it still did not recognize anything.

for some reason, I thought it automatically read the text when in driving mode without saying anything....I assume this would be in the settings to do so...but not having the phone, I am going by something I read

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I have everything checked and it does work when I don't have it connected to my car via Bluetooth. When it is connected to my car via Bluetooth it is almost like the microphone can't hear me. So I know that it works I'm just having trouble making it work when I have it connect to my car via Bluetooth to listen to music.

Just a thought, but maybe if you have the voice listen button on your steering wheel for a regular bluetooth connection and the phone is connected to it, it may not hear you unless it's pressed.

Global Posts
    5,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Alvarez1 View Post
    When I have my Moto X connected to my car over bluetooth to listen to music or podcasts, it doesn't hear me say "listen" when it tells me I just received a text message. Almost like the microphone isn't working either on the bluetooth microphone in my car or the phone itself. I tested the microphone when sending a text message and it worked fine but doesn't work when Assist asks me too. Anyone else have this problem?
    What did you expect with such crappy specs. You may need to use BT headset or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    What did you expect with such crappy specs. You may need to use BT headset or something.
    Seriously! you need to bring spec rants here ..help him if you can or stay out of it ..

Last edited by guesswhat_567; 08-27-2013 at 01:08 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Haha what does specs have to do with the Bluetooth not working correctly? It has the same Bluetooth technology as many of the newest phones out currently so your statement makes no sense.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem.