Motorola Connect Issues

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues paring my Moto X with the Motorola Connect Chrome Extension. Has anyone had any luck? I have my motorola device ID paired with my google login but it keeps telling me it couldn't connect with my phone.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Last edited:

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Every so often, I find that I need to log out of the extension and then back in and then it works again for a while. Almost like it times out on me but in a sporadic fashion.

Max Artero

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It was working fine, until I tried to send a txt message thru the extension. It has not been able to connect to the phone since.

"Couldn't connect to your phone using your account"
"Make sure your phone is turned on and connected to the internet, then click Try again. Still not working? On your phone, go to Settings > Active Notifications. Make sure Motorola Connect is turned on and using the same Google account.
You can also visit the Motorola Connect help page."

I tried the phone on wifi and on 4g, but nothing. I also made sure the app was active on the phone, and restarted the pc and chrome.

Any thoughts? Could my antivirus be causing this issue of no connectivity? I run Avast.

uultramann

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
It was working fine, until I tried to send a txt message thru the extension. It has not been able to connect to the phone since.

"Couldn't connect to your phone using your account"
"Make sure your phone is turned on and connected to the internet, then click Try again. Still not working? On your phone, go to Settings > Active Notifications. Make sure Motorola Connect is turned on and using the same Google account.
You can also visit the Motorola Connect help page."

I tried the phone on wifi and on 4g, but nothing. I also made sure the app was active on the phone, and restarted the pc and chrome.

Any thoughts? Could my antivirus be causing this issue of no connectivity? I run Avast.

Same thing here. At first Motorola Connect just wouldn't reconnect to my phone, now when I attempt to press the 'M' button to turn it back on, it tries to log me in via the Motorola login, goes to a blank page and no further. Grr.....

dmagic17

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So I realized that it works when I'm on my home network but not at work. Same computer. Must have something to do with the network settings/security?

Radzer0

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. At first Motorola Connect just wouldn't reconnect to my phone, now when I attempt to press the 'M' button to turn it back on, it tries to log me in via the Motorola login, goes to a blank page and no further. Grr.....

Mine is doing the blank page thing on my home computer now. Id rather have it working here than at work incase i forget the phone in the other room.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Are you on a personal Wi-Fi network?

Sheawhat

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
i had the same problems...I finally uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and it worked fine. Mine went down after windows 8.1 update...

I hope that helps

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE Motorola Connect. For me, it's the best feature of the phone. :)

But I'm always losing the connection. I find myself logging out and back into the Chrome extension once a day. I've never logged out and back in on the phone.

ChillyMutt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep, Motorola Connect is really flaky. when it works, it is awesome. and when you get the "Unable to send Messages" notice, it's extremely frustrating.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Moto Connect has completely failed for me about 2 months ago. I been hoping for an update to fix what ever the problem is but nothing so far. I have since given up on this and just disabled it.

Does any one use this any more? Is there some kind of fix someone has used?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey