Battery Cycling on New Moto X

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm supposed to get my X tomorrow and I know the battery life is supposed to be great (really excited about that coming from a GNex), but I was curious as to what the latest ideas/recommendations are to maximize initial battery life when cycling a new electronic device. Should I let it die a few times in the first week? If so, how many times? Should I just plug in as needed? Is there something else entirely I don't even know about? Thanks in advance!

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If it is a Li-On battery you are not supposed to let it die at all. It will destroy the battery. Do a quick search on Li-On battery care. When you get the phone, plug it in and let it charge full before using it. Try not to let the battery drop below 20% too often, it should maintain maximum life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Second that. Try not to ever let it die. These batteries do best when topped off as much as reasonably possible.

Nexus through spacetime.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
if you have plans to root use app called greenify. Its one of the best battery saver on my Nexus 4.
unlike other Task killers(which drains battery and decrease performance) and battery savers this app use a simple app hibernation.

Note: Dont use any task killers. its bad for your phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm