How would you rate the stock keyboard?

RM83

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I currently use SwiftKey on my S3 and was wondering if I should get it for the Moto X. I don't own the Moto X at the moment, but will be getting one on Thursday when it comes out for Verizon.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey, for me anyways, has better predictions than the stock keyboard. But it's nice that the stock keyboard has swipe now. But my vote is install SwiftKey.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using stock keyboard ever since Android 4.2. it has caught up a lot.
with the app published to playstore we no longer has to wait for OS to get the keyboard updated.

btw, people still rate swiftkey high but i dont have it

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I like swift key, but it is a bit resource intensive. I decided to try switching to the default keyboard on my GNex and everything runs much faster.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow you guys are making me rethink using SwiftKey. I'll try out the stock keyboard for a week and see how I like it.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If I was honest about how I feel about the stock keyboard, AC would auto censor my post. Let's just say there are better keyboards than this one.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel like stock is OK. As someone who types with two thumbs and relies on auto-correct, I find swiftkey to be the most accurate. Kii keyboard is also really good....it is the best for "swype" users IMO.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I currently use SwiftKey on my S3 and was wondering if I should get it for the Moto X. I don't own the Moto X at the moment, but will be getting one on Thursday when it comes out for Verizon.

I am a big fan of SwiftKey, especially now with the cloud back up. It transferred over everything it learned from my old phone to my new one, so the experience has been seamless. It seems that I am surprised daily by how accurate it predicts what I want to say. Love it!

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
the latest Google version of the android keyboard seems to be very close to Swiftkey. Swiftkey does offer the cloud back up of your activity and that could be quite nice

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I love the stock keyboard. I have swift key and for tapping I find it better than stock, but for gesture typing stock is more accurate for me.

Nexus. Through spacetime.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I love the stock keyboard. I have swift key and for tapping I find it better than stock, but for gesture typing stock is more accurate for me.

Nexus. Through spacetime.

I loathe tap typing and have always found Autocorrect exceedingly annoying because I use words, acronyms and abbreviations (technical ones not text speak) that are not in the dictionary and I don't want them there because then it inferes in my ability to actually type proper English. I have also found that I virtually never use predictive text because it just seems to take my brain to long to process what the options are and then go back to typing.

I rely almost exclusively on gesture typing and just find it much more enjoyable even though I may not be the fastest. I find that Swype sends to work best with my swiping and that Swiftkeys always messes me up. (I think because it keeps on trying to predict my words and fails)

I will definitely be trying Kii though because I've never heard of it.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Fleksy is also a great keyboard when I'm not swyping. Very accurate. Also great for people with big thumbs like me.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Stock is ok but not as good as swype or SwiftKey although swype since the last two updates has caused extreme lag in my phone. I hate that you can't customize settings either.

Imo there Is no better swype predictions than swype. My girl tried SwiftKey and told me get rid of this I want my old keyboard back (swype) because SwiftKey got words wrong all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance