Moto X Case

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am very picky about my cases. I tried the one from the Moto site Pro Shell case. found it overall not to my liking. It was little too slippery and design wise was just ok.

I decided to go with the SUPCASE on amazon Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Black/Black, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Cell Phones & Accessories

Love the case design. the sides are grippy. I got the black/black design as I have a black Moto X and did not need to show off the back color. I love the little dimple on the back to match the phone. Overall, very please with it.

I got this one too except the clear back. I ordered it before I picked out the color of the phone and I ended up with the woven black in the end. It has an interesting effect making it look more gray but I don't mind it.

I like the feeling of the sides with some grip. The side buttons are a bit hard to press but I don't use them too much. The back is smooth and hard. When I set it on the table I can spin it. It's also impossible to type on it with it flat on the table because, well, it isn't flat and it slides easy. It does however feel rugged enough that I get a feeling of it providing protection.

I think I like it and I don't feel I overpaid for it like some other cases.

Posted via Android Central App

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Evecase S-line clear for $4.05 shipped. It adds a nice heft to the phone, and overall it feels more secure when I'm holding the phone in my hand. I have a regular white Moto X (i.e. woven white ).
7etuduhe.jpg
dy6asezy.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Just got this Anker Glaze Minimalistic Case in a couple days ago.

First impressions are great due to the overall look and feel of the case.

It has an awesome texture that feels like very fine sandpaper that's been used and is now smooth if that makes any sense. It also fits perfectly with a very durable and tight fit. It doesn't feel like its going to fall off or wear and lose form but only time will tell.

It also has an open top and bottom which I love simply because I can use my Audio Technica headphones again without having to take my case off every time I want to listen to music. I would love to have a closed top and bottom that also fits the headohone jack but that wishful thinking as I've yet to come across one that does.

The color is great but not the same as the picture on Amazon. It's much darker in person which isn't a bad thing just not what I expected. Even still I'm glad that I got to get a colorful case as I missed out on the Cyber Monday Moto Maker deal and had to settle for a woven white TMO Moto X. Not complaining, just kind of bummed I didn't get my custom paint job. This case is a nice alternative.

I also like that the Anker branding on the back isn't tacky and huge. Most case makers need to take a note and not slap their ugly logo or lame name all over the case and if they want too then at least make it small like Anker did. Keep it simple.

That's all I can really say at this point but will update later after a few days of use.

Here's the link in case you want to snag on for yourself:
http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Mi...e...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3316769

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 78

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Evecase S-line clear for $4.05 shipped. It adds a nice heft to the phone, and overall it feels more secure when I'm holding the phone in my hand. I have a regular white Moto X (i.e. woven white ).
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/13/7etuduhe.jpg http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/13/dy6asezy.jpg

Nice. I ordered the same design by Cimo only because it seemed it would ship faster w/2-day plus they were well reviewed on Amazon. Cost twice as much though...over $9

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got this Anker Glaze Minimalistic Case in a couple days ago.

First impressions are great due to the overall look and feel of the case.

It has an awesome texture that feels like very fine sandpaper that's been used and is now smooth if that makes any sense. It also fits perfectly with a very durable and tight fit. It doesn't feel like its going to fall off or wear and lose form but only time will tell.

It also has an open top and bottom which I love simply because I can use my Audio Technica headphones again without having to take my case off every time I want to listen to music. I would love to have a closed top and bottom that also fits the headohone jack but that wishful thinking as I've yet to come across one that does.

The color is great but not the same as the picture on Amazon. It's much darker in person which isn't a bad thing just not what I expected. Even still I'm glad that I got to get a colorful case as I missed out on the Cyber Monday Moto Maker deal and had to settle for a woven white TMO Moto X. Not complaining, just kind of bummed I didn't get my custom paint job. This case is a nice alternative.

I also like that the Anker branding on the back isn't tacky and huge. Most case makers need to take a note and not slap their ugly logo or lame name all over the case and if they want too then at least make it small like Anker did. Keep it simple.

That's all I can really say at this point but will update later after a few days of use.

Here's the link in case you want to snag on for yourself:
http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Mi...e...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3317705

If you want the exact same case but without the logo on the back check out CaseBuy Quicksand Series or Iwotou Matte Quicksand. I originally purchased the Areser Quicksand but doesn't seem to me sold by Amazon anymore.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice. I ordered the same design by Cimo only because it seemed it would ship faster w/2-day plus they were well reviewed on Amazon. Cost twice as much though...over $9

I chose the Evecase over the Cimo only because it was cheaper, being able to bear with the longer shipping time. But I did think of the Cimo during that waiting time, frequently paranoid about dropping my phone lol.

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It looks to me like none of the corners would be protected in a fall where the phone came down mostly face first. Can you comment on that, please?

Well, I haven't dropped my Moto X yet so I can't comment on the drop protection. I would assume that it's not going to protect your Moto X as much as some other cases posted in this thread. That's honestly not really a concern of mine as I've never been known to drop my devices.

More so, I specifically bought this case for two reasons:
1. It looks great and feels awesome in hand. It adds to the overall looks of the Moto X while offering light protection.
2. The top and bottom are open which allows me to use my over ear Audio Technica headphones without removing the case and I like that I can see more of my white device underneath the case.

I usually never use cases on any of my devices so if I do happen to use one its always very slim and usually adds to the overall look and feel. That being said, I'm absolutely loving this Anker case and will most likely check them out again when I need another case. I usually use Spigen when I do use a case but they don't make one for the Moto X.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon standard case holster combo. I need a holster during the day. Overall good case but like a few of the cases I've seen the top and bottom front is slightly exposed similar to the incipio. I wish it wrapped the edges a bit more like the diztronic. I'm wondering if any of the other cases would fit in the Verizon holster. I'm looking for the slimmest solution.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

I wonder if the Diztronic case would fit

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The X is too good looking and feeling to put a case on it in my opinion. Though I paid for it because on Sunday I dropped it square on its face. Obliterated the display, so bad the phone was unusable. Perfect timing for the cyber Monday sale.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Is that the baby blue one from Amazon? If so, it's weird that the color differs so much from what they are advertising.

They just refer to it as blue on the website but it does appear lighter in their photos. It's a true blue as opposed to a baby blue though.

Sent from my Moto X

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The X is too good looking and feeling to put a case on it in my opinion. Though I paid for it because on Sunday I dropped it square on its face. Obliterated the display, so bad the phone was unusable. Perfect timing for the cyber Monday sale.

I tend to agree with you. I think the phone is amazing without a case but I'm not willing to risk a drop doing damage. The Supcase that I bought maintains the curve and even the dimple on the back so I don't mind it at all.

Sent from my Moto X

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is this common with all 4.x" screen phones? I used to drop my palm pre all the time, it would just bounce off concrete and be just fine. My moto's first time hitting the floor and it was a goner. I know the iPhone screen is constantly cracking/breaking, same for the Sammy galaxy, I always thought they were just crack-prone, but are most today's phones like this?

The original palm pre display wasn't glass which is why.