Questions before purchasing the Moto X

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
1. Can anyone comment as to whether you can use Moto Connect on your computer for threaded group MMS messages or only for regular SMS messages? I currently use MightyText with my HTC One but it can't handle the group MMS conversations which makes it kinda of annoying. If Moto Connect has that capability it would be a HUGE benefit for me.

2. How is the screen outdoors in sunlight? I've read that AMOLED displays have issues in direct sunlight and my HTC One is pretty awesome outdoors so want to know how it compares.

3. Also how is the brightness of the display in general? Is it true that the auto brightness is ultra aggressive and dims the screen quite a bit indoors? Any options to calibrate the auto brightness to your liking?

Thanks in advance.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
1. One on one SMS only, MMS nor groups messages have worked for me.

2. I think its quite adequate and have no problems.

3. The brightness in general has been great to me. I leave it on auto and I've never once given it much thought, which to me means its working well.

Posted via Android Central App

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just confirming what jschu22 has said. I am using a Maxx (same screen, same software), so #1 will be the exact same. I believe #2 and #3 should be very similar, but there could be slight differences.

1. Definitely only one on one SMS. You will need to go to your phone for MMS (and connect tells you this on receipt).

2. Outdoor viewing has been solid. Based on screen tech, the One is probably better here, but I can see my screen in direct sunlight.

3. Auto brightness has been perfect for me -- day, night, and outside. I too have not thought about it, other than to turn it on.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
1. Can anyone comment as to whether you can use Moto Connect on your computer for threaded group MMS messages or only for regular SMS messages? I currently use MightyText with my HTC One but it can't handle the group MMS conversations which makes it kinda of annoying. If Moto Connect has that capability it would be a HUGE benefit for me.

2. How is the screen outdoors in sunlight? I've read that AMOLED displays have issues in direct sunlight and my HTC One is pretty awesome outdoors so want to know how it compares.

3. Also how is the brightness of the display in general? Is it true that the auto brightness is ultra aggressive and dims the screen quite a bit indoors? Any options to calibrate the auto brightness to your liking?

1. You can start a conversation by sending something to multiple people, but there is a warning that "Individual messages will be sent to each recipient". If looking to do group MMS conversations via a computer I usually use G+.

2. The Moto X is adequate in sunlight but probably not as good as the HTC One.

3. It is either auto brightness which cannot be adjusted or you set the brightness to a specific percentage.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
1. What they^ said.

2. It is adequate but not as good as the HTC One (which is unrivaled in this regard).

3. Agree that auto brightness is very good. I like it better than the One, since the One is way too damn bright in very low light.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress