Moto X exchange client questions

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
For anyone using the Moto X stock exchange client, would you be so kind as to answer a couple of questions:
1) Can you select which exchange folders sync?
2) Can you view emails from all folders in a view. For example, Touchdown and HTC sense exchange have a view for all mail regardless of what folder they are in. Thus if you have server side filters you can see emails without manually checking each mailbox (nightmare).
3) Is there a thread view?
4) Is there a built in app to view/edit tasks?
5) Can you get to the exchange email "draft" folder, and if so, can you edit/send from this folder? I've had issues on other clients.
6) Any issues with setting up meetings from the device itself and can you add people to invites after the meeting is setup? Again..I've had issues with other clients.

I'll likely end up using Touchdown but would like to get some visibility into the stock experience. I've read elsewhere about some other issues around moving emails and the read/unread status not changing but this might not be a show stopper in my specific case.

Thanks in advance for any input.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
For anyone using the Moto X stock exchange client, would you be so kind as to answer a couple of questions:
1) Can you select which exchange folders sync?
2) Can you view emails from all folders in a view. For example, Touchdown and HTC sense exchange have a view for all mail regardless of what folder they are in. Thus if you have server side filters you can see emails without manually checking each mailbox (nightmare).
3) Is there a thread view?
4) Is there a built in app to view/edit tasks?
5) Can you get to the exchange email "draft" folder, and if so, can you edit/send from this folder? I've had issues on other clients.
6) Any issues with setting up meetings from the device itself and can you add people to invites after the meeting is setup? Again..I've had issues with other clients.

I'll likely end up using Touchdown but would like to get some visibility into the stock experience. I've read elsewhere about some other issues around moving emails and the read/unread status not changing but this might not be a show stopper in my specific case.

Thanks in advance for any input.

1) Yes
2) No
3) No
4) No and tasks sync is not an option with the built in client
5) Yes
6) You can setup meetings just fine, but there is not option to add invitees for new meetings.

It's a very basic exchange client in many respects, but it does work well and I haven't had any issues with it.

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Disappointing that Mot lags in this area but at least there are some 3rd party alternatives.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The stock AOSP email client is still among the best I've used. Touchdown is the most powerful by far, but with a user interface stuck in the Gingerbread era, even with their newest "HD" version.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The stock AOSP email client is still among the best I've used. Touchdown is the most powerful by far, but with a user interface stuck in the Gingerbread era, even with their newest "HD" version.

Agree, I've used Touchdown in the past, but it's design is from the last century. It has tons of features, but its certainly rather homely!

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have another exchange question, specifically about the calendar. On my Droid Bionic when I create an appointment using my phone, it shows up on my Outlook Desktop as a meeting request, kind of like I've invited myself to a meeting. Does the Moto X display this behavior?

Thanks!

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have another exchange question, specifically about the calendar. On my Droid Bionic when I create an appointment using my phone, it shows up on my Outlook Desktop as a meeting request, kind of like I've invited myself to a meeting. Does the Moto X display this behavior?

Thanks!

No, it just shows up on the calendar as one would expect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon