Bluetooth Audio Issues with Car Stereo

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so while I really love my Moto X, I did notice a few bugs with playing music through my car stereo via bluetooth. The first bug is that it won't automatically reconnect when I start the car, I have to manually enter my bluetooth settings and select my car to have it connect. The next bug involves playing music, while voice calls are fine.....I noticed that there is a lot of static in the background while playing any music. Finally I noticed that when the music is playing, if I move the device around it can make the music skip.....yes it's a bit odd but if I keep the device in certain positions then it's fine.

I am driving a 2013 Subaru Legacy and previously was using my Droid Bionic with it to stream music and I experienced none of these issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so while I really love my Moto X, I did notice a few bugs with playing music through my car stereo via bluetooth. The first bug is that it won't automatically reconnect when I start the car, I have to manually enter my bluetooth settings and select my car to have it connect. The next bug involves playing music, while voice calls are fine.....I noticed that there is a lot of static in the background while playing any music. Finally I noticed that when the music is playing, if I move the device around it can make the music skip.....yes it's a bit odd but if I keep the device in certain positions then it's fine.

I am driving a 2013 Subaru Legacy and previously was using my Droid Bionic with it to stream music and I experienced none of these issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

I use it in my car everyday for streaming music .. haven't experienced any of these issues ..it connects autimatically as soon as i enter my car and music quality is good

Posted via Android Central App

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I use it in my car everyday for streaming music .. haven't experienced any of these issues ..it connects autimatically as soon as i enter my car and music quality is good

Same thing for me. Connects fairly quickly and I haven't had any issues. Volume was a little low until I adjusted the bluetooth volume level but since then it's been fine.

venturin88

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I experienced the skipping issue as well. I wasn't even moving the phone though when I experienced it. The phone did seem to connect fine however and I didn't notice any static issues. It seemed to skip on some songs but not others; was streaming music from Google Play. My vehicle is a 2012 Jeep with the UConnect bluetooth system.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried a few more things such as disabling my car as a trusted device, unpairing and repairing the phone and car....I guess my next thing will be to try a reboot of the phone? It's just odd that it has these issues but I am just hoping an update to the bluetooth module will resolve these issues.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried a few more things such as disabling my car as a trusted device, unpairing and repairing the phone and car....I guess my next thing will be to try a reboot of the phone? It's just odd that it has these issues but I am just hoping an update to the bluetooth module will resolve these issues.

i guess the only way to know for sure where the issue is, is to either try your phone in another car of the same type (like at a car dealer maybe) or find someone else with the Moto X and have them try their phone in your car and see if it respons in the same way. At least that would give you an idea if it is your particular phone or all Moto X's in general that are conflicting with your car.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I have a 2012 Subaru Impreza. My X will be here in about a week. If you don't get it resolved I may be able to confirm if it's a Subaru thing.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
So after much testing, it seems I got a faulty unit as there is issues with bluetooth headphones and other car stereos. I called up Verizon and they are sending me a new one now and I will ship back my defective unit. I hope the issue will be resolved when I get my new phone, it just sucks to have to setup everything all over again after doing it when i got the phone, doing it post factory reset and now doing it again a 3rd time.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so for an update, I got my new Moto X and it does the exact same thing my old one did...... It will sometimes skip the audio as you move it around, it doesn't automatically pair with the car and there is static. Those of you without these issues I wonder if you are doing something different from me? Do you crank the BT auto volume to max? Do you turn off the EQ? Unfortunately I think this is a software glitch and that I will just have to wait for the 4.3 OTA to hopefully resolve this.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
BT works great for me. Only problem I have is when listening to a podcast, it will activate google now several times until I have to shut it off.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I should note I have a Verizon Moto X and that I spoke with Motorola and they logged all the info I could give them and said they were going to have the engineers look into it. I still hope that the 4.3 OTA will resolve the issue.

anon(29953)

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Same thing for me. Got a VZW Moto X, and pairing with my car would drop, cycle through connections and drop again about every minute or two, or not re-pair at all. S4 was fine, GNex was fine, iPhone was fine, but the Moto X is a mess. Returned it for another, exact same problems. Tried turning off Driving Assist altogether, changing the BT visibility timeout to never, and it's still a problem. On a 2013 BMW w/iDrive.

Ok so for an update, I got my new Moto X and it does the exact same thing my old one did...... It will sometimes skip the audio as you move it around, it doesn't automatically pair with the car and there is static. Those of you without these issues I wonder if you are doing something different from me? Do you crank the BT auto volume to max? Do you turn off the EQ? Unfortunately I think this is a software glitch and that I will just have to wait for the 4.3 OTA to hopefully resolve this.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I was able to both submit a bug request of this to Motorola Support and I posted this on Google+ to a few guys who are working at Motorola and answering posts so they should be aware of the issue. I'm curious though if the OTA when released will resolve this issue or not.

On a side note I was able to fix the issue of the phone not pairing, I had to go through the voice setup process for BT pairing with my car stereo through my steering wheel as opposed to a simple BT pair on the stereo itself. Maybe you have to do something similar on your BMW? All I now have is the static when playing music which while annoying is something I can deal with till an OTA resolves it.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem on me Jetta with the MDI interface. It never shows the batter in the center info display in the dash as 100% full. It always shows one bar less. Anyone else sees this?

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
On my subaru all of the information passed from the phone to the stereo is more or less correct ( i say that because the song play duration starts when you select the song and if it needs to buffer the timer continues to run when the song hasn't started). My issue really is just with the audio quality as my stereo doesn't support APT-X so i'm forced to rely on the heavily compressed audio. Hopefully Motorola will fix this in either the first or 2nd OTA.

On a side note, Android 4.3 has full AVRCP 1.3 support so it should fix any issues where info is incorrectly displayed.

ceric20

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my Moto X I will get in my car sometimes it wont reconnect but it will show on the phone it is connected, then i have to turn the bluetooth off and back on, then you can be having a conversation and sometimes the phone will disconnect from the car. there is definitely something wrong with the software

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX