What's Your Primary Browser?

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't be the only one suffering from google chrome's cpu eating, phone heating, battery draining application.

Mozilla has some good reviews. I've read dolphin browser is light on the cpu and doesnt eat your battery...

Whats your browser? and why?

I've looked around a lot of battery threads on here and just moto x phone usage screen shots, I've rarely seen anybody with google chrome at top of their list on usage which is why i'm guessing everybody gets 6-8 hours of screen time while I get like 3 hours of on screen time, I browse a lot.

Last edited:

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Dolphin, but have never really done it for cpu/battery concerns.

I dislike the button required to access the tabs and I love the persistent tabs for switching in Dolphin and having my bookmarks/add-ins just a swipe away.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why chrome is misbehaving for you. I have it synced and everything and haven't noticed it doing anything weird. I've used dolphin before but not since chrome became the stock browser.

Nexus through spacetime.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Browser debate!

I keep Chrome and Opera on my phone, but they all have little things I don't like and little things I do. Wish I could frankenbrowser.

anon(4196132)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've used Chrome (Beta) for over a year and been pleased with it. Never had a particular issue with battery use that I could clearly link to the Beta version of the browser.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome, I have gotten used to Chrome for PC so Chrome for Android is natural for me, and the Moto X handles it like a champ. I switch to Dolphin with user agent Desktop toggled on if I need a non-mobile page.

Sent from my Moto X via Android Central app

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome, I have gotten used to Chrome for PC so Chrome for Android is natural for me, and the Moto X handles it like a champ. I switch to Dolphin with user agent Desktop toggled on if I need a non-mobile page.

Sent from my Moto X via Android Central app

not for me, chrome heats up my device and eats battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49