I would love it if the on the Moto X you could ask it to read the most recent text message out loud. That would work great for driving or cooking.
    Can you ask it to read a message or email out loud? Can you ask it to send a response text and send it automatically without touching the phone.

What are the other commands available. I have looked and haven't found a list any where.

Thanks!
    09-04-2013 01:08 PM
    I believe that you can go to your settings and have any of the newer phones read your texts & emails. I believe it is under either the "About Phone" area or "developer Settings" area.
    09-04-2013 01:42 PM
    I believe that you can go to your settings and have any of the newer phones read your texts & emails. I believe it is under either the "About Phone" area or "developer Settings" area.
    But not without first interacting with the phone physically, right? I think the OP is asking specifically if you can do those things WITHOUT physical interaction. I am also curious about this - how useful is the touchless control actually? Is it usually pretty accurate or do you have to take several stabs to get it to do what you want?
    09-04-2013 02:20 PM
    But not without first interacting with the phone physically, right? I think the OP is asking specifically if you can do those things WITHOUT physical interaction.
    Yeah, I am curious how much you can do with never having to touch your phone. That way you can interact with your phone while your hands and fingers are dirty.
    09-04-2013 02:40 PM
    You can see all the commands by saying "ok google now, help me"

A week with the phone and I can proudly say that it does an amazing job at recognizing me. The only time I really use touchless control is when I am driving. I wear a bluetooth headset and place my phone in the cupholder (car dock coming soon). I am a person that drives with the a/c on max power and plays music at a comfortable level (Not too loud that people outside can hear it). In short: I never had to repeat myself once. Whenever I get a text while driving the phone tells me who is texting and if I would like to hear it, it then reads me the text. If I want to reply I just say "Ok google now, text Jim saying I am driving there right now give me 5 minutes." and it proceeds to compose the text. The only downfall to this is it does not send messages automatically like most other commands (but this is a google now issue, not motorola). I have to manually look at my phone and press "send message" but it is a lot safer than typing the whole message, and I used it so much I got to the point where I don't have to look at the phone anymore to press send my hand just moves to the right spot (Go muscle memory!).
    Ckidwell, shaytoon21 and gbkrip like this.
    09-04-2013 03:43 PM
    It does read your text messages while driving. It did it the other day to me and caught me by surprise! I loved that the Assist app recognized I was driving and read me the text. It also allowed me to respond with an auto-message telling them I'm driving (if I chose).
    09-04-2013 05:12 PM
    I use touchless controls all the time to set an alarm for like if im taking a nap or cooking something... I say "ok google now" let it connect then "set an alarm for 30 minutes" then it responds "setting alarm for 30 minutes" and its done!
    09-04-2013 07:47 PM
    my question is, if your wearing headphones, and you say a command, does it hear you through the in-line mic?
    09-05-2013 03:38 AM
    Yes ..touch less control works through head phones ..I use it always

Posted via Android Central App
    duke1231 likes this.
    09-05-2013 11:17 AM