I'm torn...

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Waiting to see next Nexus, but wary of the battery hinted at. Handling a 5-inch screen and with 800 chipset may be too demanding for 2300 mAh battery that has been talked about in discussions. Battery life is a premium and if I could be assured Moto X will get rapid, timely updates, I would land there. We will see.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

If you talking about the the FCC submittal, that's not a hint those are facts.

Posted via Android Central App

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you talking about the the FCC submittal, that's not a hint those are facts.

But we don't definitely know it is the next Nexus, right? So until we know that the documentation goes with the next Nexus, it's hinted at. No need to be condescending as someone suggested you were in another thread.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If you're not looking at any of the current "super" phones, the moto X really looks solid. Of course you could buy a nexus 4 ( if you don't want lte) and wait until a phone comes out that you do want 100% for sure.

Galaxy S4 + iPhone 5

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
But we don't definitely know it is the next Nexus, right? So until we know that the documentation goes with the next Nexus, it's hinted at. No need to be condescending as someone suggested you were in another thread.

Seriously? You don't think its n5? Seriously?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to offend you.

RicM211

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, if you are really antsy, get a cheap Nexus 4 somewhere and switch, bring your own phone to t-mobile and then wait out the moto x or nexus 5 and use that as an upgrade if you really want to, or buy it straight up.

I found a nexus 4 with a broken back (camera, screen and speaker are flawless) on craigslist for $95 dollars. I put on a case on no one would ever know it was broken. Just my 2 cents.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I would look at the HTC One. I get great battery life, and the boot loader is easily unlocked. Many custom ROMs to chose from, including the "pure Google" experience. If you're into that type of thing. Besides, the screen is absolutely gorgeous. Of course if I was in the market for a new phone today, I would wait for the new LG phone. Anatech did a nice review on it, it gets great battery life.

AnandTech | LG G2 and MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 - Mini Review

Waiting to see next Nexus, but wary of the battery hinted at. Handling a 5-inch screen and with 800 chipset may be too demanding for 2300 mAh battery that has been talked about in discussions. Battery life is a premium and if I could be assured Moto X will get rapid, timely updates, I would land there. We will see.

The 800 chipset is supposed to get better battery life than it's predecessors. The above review discusses it.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I would look at the HTC One. I get great battery life, and the boot loader is easily unlocked. Many custom ROMs to chose from, including the "pure Google" experience. If you're into that type of thing. Besides, the screen is absolutely gorgeous. Of course if I was in the market for a new phone today, I would wait for the new LG phone. Anatech did a nice review on it, it gets great battery life.

AnandTech | LG G2 and MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 - Mini Review

The 800 chipset is supposed to get better battery life than it's predecessors. The above review discusses it.

Thanks. I'm hopeful.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Having a Snapdragon 800 would actually provide for better battery life than with the 600 or S4 Pro. People have the misconception that more power = more battery drain, but the S800 is also newer and thus has better battery efficiency technology.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The pictures in the FCC filing perfectly match the N5 that Google intentionally leaked. Unless Google is a massive troll and manufactured a fake phone just to troll us, it's most definitely an N5.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The pictures in the FCC filing perfectly match the N5 that Google intentionally leaked. Unless Google is a massive troll and manufactured a fake phone just to troll us, it's most definitely an N5.

And then what if all of this is true but it isn't named the Nexus 5? I am looking forward to its appearance. :)

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And then what if all of this is true but it isn't named the Nexus 5? I am looking forward to its appearance. :)

Just using it as a placeholder name for whatever it will be called, whether it be Nexus 5 or something else.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

What makes you think the X will get rapid, timely updates? Why does everyone think this is comparable to a Nexus?

The X is a carrier phone = updates whenever the manufacturer AND carrier decide to update it. Certainly, you'll only get one, or if you're lucky two of the next versions of Android before your phone is OLD. Fact of life on the Android side of things.

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Lot of tough decisions on some nice phones right now, almost too tough so maybe I should go back to just letting apple give me whatever they happen to come out with each year. ;)

kpxstar9

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn myself between this phone and the htc one...although I might be leaning more towards the one because this phone only comes in 16gb on Verizon :(

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if you are really antsy, get a cheap Nexus 4 somewhere and switch, bring your own phone to t-mobile and then wait out the moto x or nexus 5 and use that as an upgrade if you really want to, or buy it straight up.

I found a nexus 4 with a broken back (camera, screen and speaker are flawless) on craigslist for $95 dollars. I put on a case on no one would ever know it was broken. Just my 2 cents.

Nice find. You can also put on one of those dbrand skins http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-4?utm_mnsid=UUacUvbUpU3075447

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool