I'm torn...

2ndghostpro

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
As of right now my contract is expired with vzw. I'm moving to T-Mobile as soon as possible but I'm faced with a very complicated decision. Nexus 4 or Moto x. I really want the Moto x, but due to the lack of information on the t mobile variant I've grown impatient. Patience is a value but I'm really torn here. On one hand I have stock android, the other I have stock android + (as I like to call it) I don't know whether to choose amazing features or amazing updates... Anyone have any feedback?

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
As of right now my contract is expired with vzw. I'm moving to T-Mobile as soon as possible but I'm faced with a very complicated decision. Nexus 4 or Moto x. I really want the Moto x, but due to the lack of information on the t mobile variant I've grown impatient. Patience is a value but I'm really torn here. On one hand I have stock android, the other I have stock android + (as I like to call it) I don't know whether to choose amazing features or amazing updates... Anyone have any feedback?

I love my moto x. to be honest right now I haven't been to worried about updates on the X, if they update yay, if not i don't mind because the X already has the most important feature (TRIM support) and a better variant of it as well. Personally I would go with the Moto X.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yep. Performance and speed is top notch already. I only look forward to new features.

Posted via Android Central App

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I love my moto x. to be honest right now I haven't been to worried about updates on the X, if they update yay, if not i don't mind because the X already has the most important feature (TRIM support) and a better variant of it as well. Personally I would go with the Moto X.

I just gave up the Nexus 4 for the Motorola X. Talk about a difference in phones. I couldn't part with my nexus until this phone and after using the moto I immediately felt like this was the phone I was waiting for. Nexus is great but the Motorola is greater. I'm using nearly all the features in my daily life. And the camera is awesome in comparison to the n4

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Same here, but when I test drove T-Mobile.....I got no signal :( I wanted to switch so badly

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Either way you should wait. Nexus 5 is right around the corner. T-Mobile Moto X launch is right around the corner. Don't buy now. :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd go x over n4 honestly unless you're really into romming. But yes, the next nexus is also right around the corner.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd go x over n4 honestly unless you're really into romming. But yes, the next nexus is also right around the corner.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

That makes no sense. Much more than rommimg with nexus. Much much more. N5 will be huge.

Last edited:

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
This is my conundrum exactly. I like my N4 a lot but battery life is abysmal. I want to migrate to T-Mobile as well (from AT&T) . And I want a cheap, unlocked phone. The Nexus has spoiled me on pricing. I know the Moto X will be available in either the Play Store or directly from Motorola without any carrier and presumably unlocked. I talked my dad into getting a Moto X and he said he can get two days of battery life with moderate use. TWO DAYS! His previous phone (Nokia 920) got him about 6 hours.

Then there's the Nexus 5. I still like getting fast upgrades to my phone, and that's advantage Nexus. If they get the battery right, the Nexus 5 will probably be my next phone. If.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for both options to be available directly. I know no one knows, but it just feels good to vent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is my conundrum exactly. I like my N4 a lot but battery life is abysmal. I want to migrate to T-Mobile as well (from AT&T) . And I want a cheap, unlocked phone. The Nexus has spoiled me on pricing. I know the Moto X will be available in either the Play Store or directly from Motorola without any carrier and presumably unlocked. I talked my dad into getting a Moto X and he said he can get two days of battery life with moderate use. TWO DAYS! His previous phone (Nokia 920) got him about 6 hours.

Then there's the Nexus 5. I still like getting fast upgrades to my phone, and that's advantage Nexus. If they get the battery right, the Nexus 5 will probably be my next phone. If.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for both options to be available directly. I know no one knows, but it just feels good to vent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you can't have both then I would wait for the nexus. I will be getting the nexus but may also keep moto x. The moto x is nice, and I really mean nice. Would be tough to give this thing up but if I had to choose only one it would be the next nexus. 2 days on a moto x charge? Wow.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the moto x, or the new nexus. But the looks of the leaked new nexus might be a tad to big for me. I'm going with the moto x.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Wait for the moto x, or the new nexus. But the looks of the leaked new nexus might be a tad to big for me. I'm going with the moto x.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I was disappointed about the 5in thing but hey its a nexus, I will let some thongs go that I wouldn't on other phones.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I plan on getting a moto x somehow, then selling that off if the nexus 5 is beast.

Yep that's my plan although I am surprised at how much that I freaking love the moto x. I will get The nexus 5 for sure because.... Well it's a nexus .

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I could really get on board with that big of a screen in that small of a package.

But hey, I'm on Verizon. So what's a girl to do?

Well if your on Verizon then I guess that you don't have to worry about the nexus 5. The moto x is so nexus anyway. Hopefully the next moto x will be loaded up nice. Actually I may still get the moto x Dev when it comes to Verizon for a couple of reasons.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Waiting to see next Nexus, but wary of the battery hinted at. Handling a 5-inch screen and with 800 chipset may be too demanding for 2300 mAh battery that has been talked about in discussions. Battery life is a premium and if I could be assured Moto X will get rapid, timely updates, I would land there. We will see.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech