Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: How long does it take you to charge your battery?

Topic says it all - I was at 4% last night and charged my battery to full. it only took 90 mins. This seems extremely fast, and even anandtech said it should take at least 2:30... Does this mean I have an only partially working battery?

Global Posts
    11,058 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: How long does it take you to charge your battery?

Stock charger?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ipad 2 charger - but I thought anandtech accounted for a full 2.5a charger in their review. the stock charger seems slow at charging.
    Banned

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfiz View Post
    Topic says it all - I was at 4% last night and charged my battery to full. it only took 90 mins. This seems extremely fast, and even anandtech said it should take at least 2:30... Does this mean I have an only partially working battery?
    Sounds about right for me although I haven't run mine down that low yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

I have the stock charger, but it seems to take forever, unlike when I would charge my 4s.

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I use a different charger all the time but mine charges fast!

I was down to 26% this morning and it took about an hour to charge with the stock charger.

I'm also getting fast charge times. Haven't actually timed it but it is really noticeably quick. Although, I am having weird issues with the phone powering off before the battery even reads low. I posted about that if anyone's having a similar issue.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Mine charges at least twice as fast as my bionic used to. I'd say about 2 hours from empty to full which is super quick to me

Sent from my XT1060

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andog88 View Post
    Mine charged in about a hour to hour and half. Take this as advice, if it charges fast; it drains fast.
    I spent the day deliberately trying to drain the battery completely. It took 9 hrs with 6 1/2 hrs of intense screen time. Gaming, videos, repeated benchmarking, downloading huge files, on full screen brightness.... I could have killed my S4 in half that time. It only took just over an hour and a half to fully charge from 0%. So yes, it charges very fast but it certainly doesn't drain fast. I can go almost 2 full days with normal use. Never had a phone last this long before.
    benhmadison likes this.

Global Posts
    11,058 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Be careful with letting the battery get too low, it's really not good for li-on batteries to get too low.
    howdydoesit likes this.

i just got my moto x and it's been charging for over 10 hours and is only at 90%. it doesnt seem to ever go over 90%. i am using the charger that came with the phone. this seems extremely slow. does anyone know how long it should take? I think i might have an issue with my phone.

Couple hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Depends how low it gets.But avg. around 2 hrs.

sent from Moto X

Definitely not as quick as my Nexus 5, but it certainly isn't a slouch.

Hi, when i got my new phone, it was about 50-60% and it took maybe 1.5-2hrs charging via wall socket to get to 100%....but then i lost my stock USB (white) cable that came with the Moto X. So i got a replacement micro USB cable temporarily as I didnt want my charge to get down very low...

Now from 35% to 92% it has been charging from almost 6 hrs...the plug-in the wall charging point is the same, only the USB cable is different....would the USB cable make this much of a differnce in charging time or is it a battery issue? can anyone comment?

If the cable is a low rated cable it can take super long time to charge. You want to get a stock charger or one that has the correct amps.

I find these white Samsung chargers to be great and have long cord.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/271434822967?nav=SEARCH

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerbrett View Post
    If the cable is a low rated cable it can take super long time to charge. You want to get a stock charger or one that has the correct amps.

I find these white Samsung chargers to be great and have long cord.
    ETA U90JWE 2A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 S4 s IV Home Wall Charger USB Cable | eBay

I think he meant that he still has the charger and just replaced the removable USB cord, which I don't think should affect it. If he replaced the charging part that plugs into the wall also, that could definitely affect it.

Regarding the thread, if you charge from a computer it will almost definitely take significantly longer than with a wall charger. And not all wall chargers are the same. The higher the amp output, the quicker it will charge.
    MotoX_newbie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    I think he meant that he still has the charger and just replaced the removable USB cord, which I don't think should affect it. If he replaced the charging part that plugs into the wall also, that could definitely affect it.

Regarding the thread, if you charge from a computer it will almost definitely take significantly longer than with a wall charger. And not all wall chargers are the same. The higher the amp output, the quicker it will charge.
    Yes, i meant just that, I do have the stock white charger and the only thing I replaced was the USB cable. Unless I transfer files to the Moto X via USB, I dont charge that way. I charge it in a wall point. That being said, I have had it only for less than a week. I will try with a Motorola OEM cable. If the issue persists, then that would only mean something wrong with the battery, wouldnt it?

Default Re: Moto X: How long does it take you to charge your battery?

The cord can make a difference trust me
    Get a OEM cord

Mine can charge in about an hour with the stock charger. I have an aftermarket charger that takes considerable more time.. I think its a difference in the amps of the charger

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MotoX_newbie View Post
    Yes, i meant just that, I do have the stock white charger and the only thing I replaced was the USB cable. Unless I transfer files to the Moto X via USB, I dont charge that way. I charge it in a wall point. That being said, I have had it only for less than a week. I will try with a Motorola OEM cable. If the issue persists, then that would only mean something wrong with the battery, wouldnt it?
    The cord makes a HUGE difference. Keep in mind that there are going to be two main types of USB cables. Power/Data and Power only. Most all USB cords are going to be Power/Data. I have a small collection that range in charging output from 0.5amps to 1amps. I have two of these one straight and one coiled. I recommend straight (you can get a 3 foot black one for $5.50 if 6 feet is too long). Anyway, they can charge a device at 2.1amps (provided the device will accept that much, of course). Potentially higher than that as well I suppose.

Your cable is a big deal. The stock cable is fine, but it's not as fast as the Mediabridge. No cable that does Power/Data is going to charge as fast as a dedicated Power cable due to half your pins being dedicated to data transfer instead of power. Some people have had bad results with the Mediabridge cables. Both of mine are almost a year old. The straight is fine and the coiled has started giving me issues. But I have used it extensively in the car and done a lot of tugging on it. For $7, I recommend buying a couple straight cables. I travel with mine and if I need a data cable, I have a random cable or two sitting in my backpack all the time. For the car, I pair the above mentioned cable with one of these Belkin chargers that will output at 2.1 amps. I can charge my Moto X from essentially dead to full in around an hour depending on usage while it's charging, of course.

Like I said, your cable is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    The cord makes a HUGE difference. Keep in mind that there are going to be two main types of USB cables. Power/Data and Power only. Most all USB cords are going to be Power/Data. I have a small collection that range in charging output from 0.5amps to 1amps. I have two of these one straight and one coiled. I recommend straight (you can get a 3 foot black one for $5.50 if 6 feet is too long). Anyway, they can charge a device at 2.1amps (provided the device will accept that much, of course). Potentially higher than that as well I suppose.

Your cable is a big deal. The stock cable is fine, but it's not as fast as the Mediabridge. No cable that does Power/Data is going to charge as fast as a dedicated Power cable due to half your pins being dedicated to data transfer instead of power. Some people have had bad results with the Mediabridge cables. Both of mine are almost a year old. The straight is fine and the coiled has started giving me issues. But I have used it extensively in the car and done a lot of tugging on it. For $7, I recommend buying a couple straight cables. I travel with mine and if I need a data cable, I have a random cable or two sitting in my backpack all the time. For the car, I pair the above mentioned cable with one of these Belkin chargers that will output at 2.1 amps. I can charge my Moto X from essentially dead to full in around an hour depending on usage while it's charging, of course.

Like I said, your cable is a big deal.
    That's good info. Maybe he is using a data/power cable with the wall charger??

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    That's good info. Maybe he is using a data/power cable with the wall charger??
    If it is OEM then it is Data/Power. I think if you want a straight power only USB cable you will have to specifically find one that is labeled as such. Or find one of those chargers that the cable doesn't even disconnect from the wall socket portion.

I get acceptably fast charging with data cables. I am using left over chargers from my photon and my Palm pre, and the Moto X charges faster. I've never timed it, but under 2 hours, I think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast