Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iPhone to Moto X migrate?

Is there any good software that is free to download to transfer contacts, messages, pictures, music, and etc from iPhone to moto x?
    Banned

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone to Moto X migrate?

Quote Originally Posted by globster2000 View Post
    Is there any good software that is free to download to transfer contacts, messages, pictures, music, and etc from iPhone to moto x?
    Just put it all on Google drive then drag it over. I used drop box but Google drive is also fine. I think that you get a free 50gb with the moto x, but drop box blows it away

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Just put it all on Google drive then drag it over. I used drop box but Google drive is also fine. I think that you get a free 50gb with the moto x, but drop box blows it away

Oh I forgot to mention. Your iPhone 5 Sim will go right into the moto x so....that should also help you out.

Global Posts
    525 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by globster2000 View Post
    Contacts you would use Google Contacts:
    How To Transfer And Sync Your iPhone Contacts With Android
    Messages, well you can back them up on your computer, but I dont know if you can change the format to put them on the Moto X.
    Pictures you just back up on your computer and drag and drop them to your Moto X through a USB connection. Or once their on your computer you can transfer using wifi.
    Music you can upload to Google Play music which I think it allows up to 20,000 free uploads.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Contacts you would use Google Contacts:
    How To Transfer And Sync Your iPhone Contacts With Android
    Messages, well you can back them up on your computer, but I dont know if you can change the format to put them on the Moto X.
    Pictures you just back up on your computer and drag and drop them to your Moto X through a USB connection. Or once their on your computer you can transfer using wifi.
    Music you can upload to Google Play music which I think it allows up to 20,000 free uploads.
    I agree with the above poster, you will never get the iPhone iMessages backed up in a format that any other phone can read. As far as pictures and music, all of that is already on your computer, if you have previously backed up and sync'd your iPhone to a computer. With a USB cable, connect your moto X and drag anything you want from your computer onto the Moto X. The contacts are the easiest part, sync your iPhone with a Google account including your calendar. Then sync your moto X with your Gmail account and walla your contacts and calendar will be on your Moto X. I am myself an iPhone refugee, I kept my iPhone in sync with my gmail account moving over to my s3 was a breeze. Good luck.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you all. I will try some variations at home and see how it goes

i used this to transfer all my sms to my moto x from my iphone. worked perfect. u just need to put moto x in developers mode. which is easy u tap on the about phone 3 or more times then check usb debug and your good to go.

Transfer SMS MMS from iPhone to Moto X Phone directly