Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: Voice cutting out on other end of call

several days in one my first X and not a single issue other than it wont clean my house or go into work for me...
    paisley99 likes this.

Same, no issues here. Tried in a quiet room on my end and theirs, tried it quiet on my end and noisy theres, tried noisy on mine quiet them, and noisy vs noisy. No problems, heard me fully each time.

Folks, there is fix in the works from Motorola, see this post
    https://plus.google.com/104011926387...ts/9bSuwT3YSqg

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    Folks, there is fix in the works from Motorola, see this post
    https://plus.google.com/104011926387...ts/9bSuwT3YSqg

Great! Also got a tip from a att rep that ota build is already in testing in their labs and should get rolled out in next couple of weeks

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Someone posted this on XDA:

Allow me to be thanked. For cdma versions (VZ and rogers) go to phone then settings and disable voice privacy. First it's BS anyway since cdma to cell is digitized anyway with basic encryption. Second the 48key encryption method I think called is95 umm sucks! It's uses bandwidth on a network that has none and causes breakup and delay. It's an immediate night and day difference.

So a hardware exchange does nothing right?

This is my only line and I conduct business throughout the day. I feel terrible when a business contact says "I missed that, what did you say" several times throughout the call.

I'll call Moto in the morning and see what I can do. I may have to go to AT&T and buy a different phone, maybe the HTC One Mini?

From this post over in Google + it sounds like a OTA fix will "fix" it.

Hey folks, we're adjusting echo cancellation parameters in the upcoming over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release. I am confirming that this should address the issues we're seeing here. Will post-back with confirmation shortly.

This will be good for all those (including myself) future and present Moto X owners
    Thanked by 2:
    paisley99 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

I'm glad this appears to be a software issue and not hardware. I returned two Moto X phones and now have an HTC One, I will have another Moto X Tuesday as I like it better than the HTC. If I would have known this was a software issue early on it would have saved me a lot of grief. The move from 30 to 14 days by Verizon to swap a phone doesn't help for new phones. By the time this phone has been somewhat determined to be software related there has been way to many Moto X phones sent back. I would have held on to mine if I would have known. Also I believe new phones should be tested for a few weeks by a larger number of people to find the bugs. The best testers are most of the people on this forum and I know darn well many of you would love to test new phones for a few weeks at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Postoid View Post

Hey folks, we're adjusting echo cancellation parameters in the upcoming over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release. I am confirming that this should address the issues we're seeing here. Will post-back with confirmation shortly.

This will be good for all those (including myself) future and present Moto X owners
    Great news. : ).

Quote Originally Posted by Postoid View Post

Thanks for the update!! Its great to see an OTA this quickly. I hope this fixes the issues because other than this one thing its a great phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Ahhh... Apparently I do have this problem but on speakerphone. Hopefully it is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    Someone posted this on XDA:
    Can anyone confirm if this fixes things at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Yeah, Iím curious how some could have it and some not at all and it still be software. ?

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Yeah, Iím curious how some could have it and some not at all and it still be software. ?
    Yeah, seems strange to me. I haven't picked up one of these because of it yet.

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    I have reset the phone, done the LTE/ CDMA toggle and cutoff the Voice Privacy. Nothing has fixed the issue.
    BassRumors - bass fishing forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    I have reset the phone, done the LTE/ CDMA toggle and cutoff the Voice Privacy. Nothing has fixed the issue.
    Thanks! That's what I'm looking for. Looks like I'll be waiting for the OTA before I pick one up.

I'm thinking that everyone haves this issue, but many do not know.

If I have it, nobody can confirm it. Tried talking to many people and telling them about the issue, everyone hears me clearly on Verizon. Combinations of noise on either end and quiet, different variations.

Quote Originally Posted by globster2000 View Post
    I'm thinking that everyone haves this issue, but many do not know.

But isn't all software flashed the same? (I dunno, I don't know much about stuff like that).

Drat, someone just confirmed i was cutting in and out over the phone. . Since some people have said they don't have that problem, i will give an exchange a shot. Probably won't help but maybe i'll get super lucky.

Drat, someone just confirmed i was cutting in and out over the phone. . Since some people have said they don't have that problem, i will give an exchange a shot. Probably won't help but maybe i'll get super lucky.
    That sucks... However, on the bright note the noise cancelation works great! I walked to McDonalds while talking to the wife and a begged asked for money. I told the begged I don't have cash on me. My wife was like what??? I told her a begged asked for money, and she didn't even hear the guy even though he was 3 feet away. Just my answer of sorry I don't have cash

Noise/echo cancellation is probably aggressive in certain scenarios, it won't happens every call ..it depends on the noise level/type of noise, distance from mic, indoors vs outdoors ..all these count, motorola will probably be tuning parameters a little bit, im sure the fix is already in carrier labs and will be rolled within couple of weeks. Not sure if this will work but if your call is cutting out try closing your top mic ( next to headphone jack) with your finger see if it helps..

Quote Originally Posted by guesswhat_567 View Post
    Noise/echo cancellation is probably aggressive in certain scenarios, it won't happens every call ..it depends on the noise level/type of noise, distance from mic, indoors vs outdoors ..all these count, motorola will probably be tuning parameters a little bit, im sure the fix is already in carrier labs and will be rolled within couple of weeks. Not sure if this will work but if your call is cutting out try closing your top mic ( next to headphone jack) with your finger see if it helps..
    we were both in our apartments, mine is quite and so was hers. I think it actually *has* been happening. I don't talk on the phone very much and other times i was talking to people who were driving on blue tooth or speaker phone or someone who tends to ramble on and on so i wasn't sure. But this time i was on the phone with someone who confirmed it.

I am not sure if any Verizon or Roger's phones has tried this as a fix, but at xda-dev they suggests this as a fix for those phones:

Quote Originally Posted by jackdforme
    Allow me to be thanked. For cdma versions (VZ and rogers) go to phone then settings and disable voice privacy. First it's BS anyway since cdma to cell is digitized anyway with basic encryption. Second the 48key encryption method I think called is95 umm sucks! It's uses bandwidth on a network that has none and causes breakup and delay. It's an immediate night and day difference.
    pomokey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by globster2000 View Post
    I am not sure if any Verizon or Roger's phones has tried this as a fix, but at xda-dev they suggests this as a fix for those phones:

If Sprint is also CDMA, why would it not supposedly work for Sprint as well?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast