Voice cutting out on other end of call

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
i think i have it too. :(. (Sprint). At least on speakerphone i 100% do. I was talking to someone while i was on speakerphone, she gave me a phone number i started to ask her to repeat it, she could not hear me at all she just kept talking and talking, i kept say "can you hear me? can you hear me?", i had to wait til she stopped telling her story that she had gone into, until she could hear me. :p.

Today i'll be using someone elses phone and have them use my phone so i can get a better sense of what's going on.

I'm thinking its a duplexing problem, which is two signals sent and being received at the same time(aka two people talking at the same time). At the Motorola website, a Motorola engineer requested people to test if this problem persists in Skype or Google chat. They are trying to pinpoint if this is an os, cellier radio, or voice processing problem. However, a few people has tested Skype with no problems, which leads me to think its a duplexing problem.

Posted via Android Central Appop zee x

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
FWIW my friend is having the same problem with his US Cellular Moto X. Can't hardly follow the conversation when I'm talking to him.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Rock#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I am on my second phone with no change. Switching to CDMA/LTE did not fix anything. Speaker phone and bluetooth work fine. Hopefully they fix it soon. The phone overall is great.

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking its a duplexing problem, which is two signals sent and being received at the same time(aka two people talking at the same time). At the Motorola website, a Motorola engineer requested people to test if this problem persists in Skype or Google chat. They are trying to pinpoint if this is an os, cellier radio, or voice processing problem. However, a few people has tested Skype with no problems, which leads me to think its a duplexing problem.

Posted via Android Central Appop zee x

Yeah, while it was happening i was reminded of the old days when some speaker phones were not duplex speakerphones. lol. remember those days? oh great. i'm okay to hold on for a few months like this if i know motorola is going to fix even by hardware, the phone. But no guarantees. i'll follow closely with my 14 days marked on my calender, switch out then and pray.

mcanad1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
It happening again.... This time I was in a nice quiet room and the other person was on a car Bluetooth and only every 2nd word I said was coming through. Going to be taking this one back too. Other than this voice issue I really like this phone!!!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Josh4112

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
People cannot hear me clearly from my Moto X. I was able to reproduce the clipping and cutting out every time if the person I called was in a noisy environment with a lot of background noise such as a restaurant, handsfree device, or around a lot of people. I could reproduce it with people on different model phones or landlines at the other end. Even if they were typing on a keyboard, it would cause them to not be able to hear my clearly.

It did not matter if I was in a noisy or quiet environment with my Moto X. The only thing that mattered was background noise on the remote end that my Moto X was picking up from their environment. It was like the phone app was muting my Moto X microphone when it thought there was noise coming from the other end of the call. When I would use Skype, it was fine under all conditions. When I used Bluetooth on my Moto X, it was also fine under all conditions.

I was on my 13th day with Verizon, so I returned my Moto X today for a refund. I am back on my Nexus for now until I decide what I am going to get or see if Motorola finds a software fix for this in the near future. I love the Moto X in every other respect, but people just could not understand me when I called them. It is nearly the perfect phone. Testing from other new, similar Moto Droid models sounded just fine. The issue only seems to affect the Moto X, so I am hopeful that they will be able to find a software fix to resolve this cutting out voice issue.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a guy from Motorola trying to get a replacement. He wasn't too bright and nothing got resolved. Said I would have to wait until Monday for them to call me back and see about sending a replacement. We can mock Apple and talk about the lack of features and innovation. But no other company has their customer service. HTC is a sinking ship. Motorola and Samsung have **** poor customer service from my experience. I will probably just pick up the iPhone 5s on Friday. Apple may not be innovative, but the phone will work and if it doesn't it's a heck of a lot easier to get replaced by just walking into the Apple store.

Inundated#CB

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't sure what was happening... but I've had mine since Tuesday and I've never before had so many complaints from the caller on the other side. Just now I was in my upstairs office with a clear line of sight to the city below and full bars on AT&T LTE.

I suppose I can send it back and fire up my Lumia 920 until the Nexus 5 comes next month. :(

mcanad1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
True BUT I can make phone calls, I'll take that trade off. I came from the Bionic and was really looking forward to the moto x. Bummed about having all the issues, other than the voice cutting in and out its a GREAT phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd really like to know how widespread this issue is. And/or what is causing it and how to fix it. This has really scared me away from this phone.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Same, no issues here. Tried in a quiet room on my end and theirs, tried it quiet on my end and noisy theres, tried noisy on mine quiet them, and noisy vs noisy. No problems, heard me fully each time.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Someone posted this on XDA:

Allow me to be thanked. For cdma versions (VZ and rogers) go to phone then settings and disable voice privacy. First it's BS anyway since cdma to cell is digitized anyway with basic encryption. Second the 48key encryption method I think called is95 umm sucks! It's uses bandwidth on a network that has none and causes breakup and delay. It's an immediate night and day difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol