getting my reminders to work?

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I've had the Moto X for 3 days now and so far completely irritated. So many of the features it boasts just don't work for me. I'm really trying not to give up because I know there's always a learning curve with new phones ...
I've tried setting my reminders about a dozen times now and everytime I go into the reminders there's nothing there even though it looks like everything is being saved correctly.

PS I've used google now voice command and adding it manually. nothing.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I've had the Moto X for 3 days now and so far completely irritated. So many of the features it boasts just don't work for me. I'm really trying not to give up because I know there's always a learning curve with new phones ...
I've tried setting my reminders about a dozen times now and everytime I go into the reminders there's nothing there even though it looks like everything is being saved correctly.

I would Google how to use reminders with Google now. Its not the moto x. Its the driver:)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
Keep in mind that since it just got released, Moto is finding out the hard way about bugs. I would be patient, try contacting Moto about the issue. The only reason I ma suggesting this is it sounds like you are going through the steps correctly.

Until they can fix this, and I am sure they will, try Google Keep. That app has reminders too.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

How are you doing it? I just set a reminder the other day, and it worked for me exactly the way it was supposed to work.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
where are you looking for reminders?? in the clock app??
i think your reminder is saved on Google Now. open Google Now-->menu[3 dots]-->settings-->My Stuffs-->Reminders.

if you want it to set on clock app you have ask Google now to set an alarm.

if nothing works clear data cache of Google Now app!! settings-->Apps-->All Apps-->Google Search-->clear data | Clear cache

btw, it WORKS FINE FOR ME

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I looked in my reminders on Google settings under "my stuff". There's nothing under upcoming after I tried to set numerous reminders.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Set reminder always works for me, i just tested again before posting this, it should appear under my stuff->reminders once it is set .. not sure what could be wrong in your case .this is Google now application I'm sure OEMS/ moto are not allowed to change it ..

By the way did you enable Google now and opt in ? Do you get Google now cards and suggestions?

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Set reminder always works for me, i just tested again before posting this, it should appear under my stuff->reminders once it is set .. not sure what could be wrong in your case .this is Google now application I'm sure OEMS/ moto are not allowed to change it ..

By the way did you enable Google now and opt in ? Do you get Google now cards and suggestions?

Yep I opted in and I get the cards. I've already contacted Motorola pretty sure it's a glitch among others. This phone is going back to the store tomorrow.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep I opted in and I get the cards. I've already contacted Motorola pretty sure it's a glitch among others. This phone is going back to the store tomorrow.

Defnitly not a glitch with the phone ..Google now is preloaded app from Google ..moto had nothing to do with it ..moto does not even have access to Google now source code to cause any glitches ..

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I'll ask again: exactly what steps are you taking to set the reminders? It works perfectly fine for me and for others. Maybe you're not doing it correctly and one of us will be able to help you. The problem shouldn't be with the phone because you're using an app.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll ask again: exactly what steps are you taking to set the reminders? It works perfectly fine for me and for others. Maybe you're not doing it correctly and one of us will be able to help you. The problem shouldn't be with the phone because you're using an app.
Yeah, without this information it will be difficult to help.

For example, are you confirming the reminders by tapping "set reminder" on the screen? I've been caught by that where I thought I set a reminder but didn't confirm it.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I've used Google now voice commands and also did it manually by going into Google-menu(dots on bottom)-set reminder . then I press the little blue hand icon that says "set reminder". The little blue clock icon cannot be opened which I suspect is an issue in itself? However I've added specific times with Google now (ie remind me at 5pm) and it seems to save it then the reminder never goes off and there nothing saved in my reminders. Motorola support couldn't figure it out even after connecting to my phone. I'm awaiting a call back, in the meantime going to the Verizon store.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've used Google now voice commands and also did it manually by going into Google-menu(dots on bottom)-set reminder . then I press the little blue hand icon that says "set reminder". The little blue clock icon cannot be opened which I suspect is an issue in itself? However I've added specific times with Google now (ie remind me at 5pm) and it seems to save it then the reminder never goes off and there nothing saved in my reminders. Motorola support couldn't figure it out even after connecting to my phone. I'm awaiting a call back, in the meantime going to the Verizon store.

mine just started doing the same thing today, my reminders under Google now use to work but they no longer work now. I still think it's probably an issue with Google now as opposed to the phone. But it will be interesting to see what the outcome is. I usually use keep for my reminders anyway. But decided to test my Google now reminders out because of this thread.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante