getting my reminders to work?

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just another piece of data to add here. I have had a number of issues with Google now not saving reminders, or not showing different cards. Every time, it has been an issues with the Google Now servers that was resolved in a relatively short time. One good resource for seeing if others are having the same issue is the Google Now is the Google Now community on G+. Typically if I am having an issue, I check there and someone else is having the same issue at the same time. I'm not saying this is the case here, as I don't know, but it is another piece of the puzzle to consider.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the info. I was already using keep for reminders but it is weird that google now is screwing up. I like keep because I can see everything with one tap. With google now you have to dig to much to see your reminders. Oh yeah, and keep actually works every time:)
Just another piece of data to add here. I have had a number of issues with Google now not saving reminders, or not showing different cards. Every time, it has been an issues with the Google Now servers that was resolved in a relatively short time. One good resource for seeing if others are having the same issue is the Google Now is the Google Now community on G+. Typically if I am having an issue, I check there and someone else is having the same issue at the same time. I'm not saying this is the case here, as I don't know, but it is another piece of the puzzle to consider.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Well now that I'm pretty convinced that its not me pretty sure I'm going to be returning this phone. There are other issues as well which I won't get into. Maybe it's a lemon? Would be very fitting to my usual luck. I shouldn't have to spend this much time getting basic features to work right?

Posted via Android Central App

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Try Google Keep for reminders, works well.

Yes I can try keep, but again I feel like I shouldn't have to use workarounds. I I gave my unlimited data plan to get this phone, spent $200, spent time etc . just feel ripped off is all

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and reminders are also screwing up on my Daughters HTC One using google now. She didn't know because she also uses keep. Too bad I guess for people that wanted to use voice commands for reminders.
Well now that I'm pretty convinced that its not me pretty sure I'm going to be returning this phone. There are other issues as well which I won't get into. Maybe it's a lemon? Would be very fitting to my usual luck. I shouldn't have to spend this much time getting basic features to work right?

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes I can try keep, but again I feel like I shouldn't have to use workarounds. I I gave my unlimited data plan to get this phone, spent $200, spent time etc . just feel ripped off is all

Well, you can return the phone, but it isn't the phone. I just tried with my X and reminders weren't saved. Tried with my GS4 and reminders weren't saved. Tried with my 2013 N7, no reminder saved. Appears to be a system wide Google Now issue. In the past, I've seen this impacting one Google account but not another. All three devices I mentioned are using the same Google account. If it is like other times this has happened, it will get resolved fairly soon. Until then, Google Keep does seem to be saving my reminders.

rnelsonee

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
It's almost certainly a Google Now issue. My reminders can be set, but there's no alarm or notification that goes off and I confirmed it was Google Now.

The fix (and/or confirmation it's Google Now, not the Moto X): Roll back to an earlier version of Google Search. worked for me, although I missed the newer features and just installed a 3rd party app (GTasks).
Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Search -> Uninstall updates -> Yes

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My reminders are being saved, but notifications are odd. I get the notification in the status bar, but the notification sound is seriously delayed if it ever rings.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, you can return the phone, but it isn't the phone. I just tried with my X and reminders weren't saved. Tried with my GS4 and reminders weren't saved. Tried with my 2013 N7, no reminder saved. Appears to be a system wide Google Now issue. In the past, I've seen this impacting one Google account but not another. All three devices I mentioned are using the same Google account. If it is like other times this has happened, it will get resolved fairly soon. Until then, Google Keep does seem to be saving my reminders.

Hmm interesting. I'm returning the phone for this and other reasons we'll see what the new one will be like .I'll give it another shot with the Moto X. If the reminders are the only issue I can deal with it because I do like the phone for the features that do work. I will keep you all posted

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, the notifications that weren't showing up when I tried on the three different devices all showed up and all went off at the time I had set them for. I just tried to set another one using Google Now via voice command and it stuck and went off. All this leads me to believe that this is the same situation I've seen before with Google Now. Try it now and see how it works for you

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, the notifications that weren't showing up when I tried on the three different devices all showed up and all went off at the time I had set them for. I just tried to set another one using Google Now via voice command and it stuck and went off. All this leads me to believe that this is the same situation I've seen before with Google Now. Try it now and see how it works for you

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

I just tried it again. The first one worked and the second one didn't. I think I'll just keep using keep. Its better and whatever reminders that you enter in keep also go to Google Now.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm returning the phone for this and other reasons we'll see what the new one will be like .I'll give it another shot with the Moto X.

One good thing about being an early adopter is that if you do get a lemon, the replacement you get will likely be a brand new phone instead of one that's refurbished. Your next one will probably be fine.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, after wasting 2 infuriating hours at the verizon store while the guy tried to "fix" the issue, i just gave up. He reset my phone and the problem persisted. I should have just asked for a new phone but i was so too fed up with hanging around there.
I downloaded Keep and started using it. However I dont see a way to use voice command (like with Google Now) to set a reminder. That process was basically hands free which is really useful for somebody who's always coming up with my most genius ideas while im driving

So far the rest of the phone functions are Ok and im sorta getting the hang of it. I will give it another few days and see if there are any more glitches. If not i'll probably just keep it.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, Ill try to G+ community next.

Stupid question (but i dont feel like digging for it) is there an easy way to contact Google Now for support? Like, a phone # per se?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, after wasting 2 infuriating hours at the verizon store while the guy tried to "fix" the issue, i just gave up. He reset my phone and the problem persisted. I should have just asked for a new phone but i was so too fed up with hanging around there.

Why can't you just call Verizon and have them send you a new one? They'll send one out to you and you just send back the phone you have now once the new one arrives. They'll even pay for the shipping.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Why can't you just call Verizon and have them send you a new one? They'll send one out to you and you just send back the phone you have now once the new one arrives. They'll even pay for the shipping.

Isnt there a restocking fee? usually $30 i believe? I kinda just wanted a new phone when i went to the store but im pretty sure if i didnt tell them about a specific issue they would charge me the fee to replace the phone.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Also just browsed the G Plus Google now community seems like other people are having the same issue so I don't think that getting a new phone will resolve it,unfortunately

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Isnt there a restocking fee? usually $30 i believe? I kinda just wanted a new phone when i went to the store but im pretty sure if i didnt tell them about a specific issue they would charge me the fee to replace the phone.

I thought you said there were other issues with your phone? If it's defective in any way, there should be no re-stocking fee.

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used Google now voice commands and also did it manually by going into Google-menu(dots on bottom)-set reminder . then I press the little blue hand icon that says "set reminder". The little blue clock icon cannot be opened which I suspect is an issue in itself? However I've added specific times with Google now (ie remind me at 5pm) and it seems to save it then the reminder never goes off and there nothing saved in my reminders. Motorola support couldn't figure it out even after connecting to my phone. I'm awaiting a call back, in the meantime going to the Verizon store.

The Little blue hand icon gets enabled only when you type in a name for the reminder. That being said the reminder notifications are not working from Google Now for me as well. I will test more and let you know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user