Unlocked Moto X - T-Mobile.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone purchased the Moto X on ATT, unlocked it, and used it on T-Mobile's network. I really wanna do this but wondering if anyone has done it already. I know it can get LTE, but I'm more curious about what other speeds it will get.

Also if I were to get it, unlock it, and it didn't work out as planned do you think att would take the return with no problems?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

snrbobo

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone purchased the Moto X on ATT, unlocked it, and used it on T-Mobile's network. I really wanna do this but wondering if anyone has done it already. I know it can get LTE, but I'm more curious about what other speeds it will get.

Also if I were to get it, unlock it, and it didn't work out as planned do you think att would take the return with no problems?

I just purchased a factory unlocked moto x. it's got the same bands as the at&t branded phone i believe. (correct me if i'm wrong).
I am going to through a t-mo sim into to it and see what i can get. i'll check back here once i do so!

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
literally just got the moto x (factory unlocked). Cut my micro sim down to nano size, and i can comfirm in the Sacramento area (95814 and 95835) i get LTE and H+. heres a speed test i did with LTE enabled.View attachment 80141

I'm in Orangevale(95662) and we have LTE here, I get it on my n4. You are using an AT&T moto x I assume right? It gets both h+ and lte? I might go that route if so because then I can at least choose colors and save 21 bucks. By the way, your links are no good but thanks for posting about this.

snrbobo

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Orangevale(95662) and we have LTE here, I get it on my n4. You are using an AT&T moto x I assume right? It gets both h+ and lte? I might go that route if so because then I can at least choose colors and save 21 bucks. By the way, your links are no good but thanks for posting about this.

aww really? hmm i used the "insert image" button. ehh. well, i purchased a factory unlocked one. however, my friend bought an at&t moto x, we unlocked it, and it seems to have the same bands as mine. he is also able to get T-Mobile's LTE and 4G service.

Are you getting HSDPA? I think its T-Mobile's standard 4G/3G

Yes. I see H, H+, and LTE. i haven't had any data issues. I did have to but my micro sim card down to nano size. haha it all definitely works.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
AT&T's Moto X does NOT have the 1700 AWS for HSPA so you will not get HSPA or 3G and rather be stuck on edge if your area is not refarmed. You will however get LTE if your area has it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781