Different feel in woven and smooth?

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I am giving my moto X back to get a 32gb version. I originally had the cement smooth back and I am allowed to get a different color for the trade, I was thinking, does the woven back feel any different from the smooth backs? Thanks

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so, I played with the woven in store and it didn't feel bumpy like it looks. Its just a visual texture.

Posted via Android Central App

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I am giving my moto X back to get a 32gb version. I originally had the cement smooth back and I am allowed to get a different color for the trade, I was thinking, does the woven back feel any different from the smooth backs? Thanks

I have the woven and I would call it a "waxed feel", not quite like the soft touch and not like hard plastic either. It is smooth, the woven texture is embedded.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The woven back feels hard, while the smooth back feels more rubbery and grippy.

Posted via Moto Galaxy X Nexus One 7s (2013)

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
woven feels hard and smooth. feels very nice to the touch. it feels solid in the hands, its not bumpy or anything at all. it looks sheek and classy.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
What is weird to me is that the white woven back feels different than the black woven back. With the demo units I've seen, the white is hard, while the black is soft touch.

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Dang I wish my local At&t had them on display... it sucks how I can't feel the backs without ordering it first. I really like the smooth feel, but I think I might go for the woven backs. Thanks guys

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Dang I wish my local At&t had them on display... it sucks how I can't feel the backs without ordering it first. I really like the smooth feel, but I think I might go for the woven backs. Thanks guys

Well, if the back you want is black, then you should know that the woven black back is smooth and soft touch. The white is different.

cyaiphone

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi.....may I ask why you are returning the cement color back X?
This is the one I am considering so would love to hear your thoughts
TY!!

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi.....may I ask why you are returning the cement color back X?
This is the one I am considering so would love to hear your thoughts
TY!!
Well I am not returning it just because of the color, I do want the 32gb model, however thegrants82 does have a valid point. I take really good care of all my devices and looking at the backing you can see dirt and the oil from fingers, it is like fingerprints on the glass except on the back of the phone. I still love the cement color and if I didn't need the 32gb model I would probably stick with it.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I am not returning it just because of the color, I do want the 32gb model, however thegrants82 does have a valid point. I take really good care of all my devices and looking at the backing you can see dirt and the oil from fingers, it is like fingerprints on the glass except on the back of the phone. I still love the cement color and if I didn't need the 32gb model I would probably stick with it.

I really like the cement color though I think if I was going to design one I would go for that color too. I just read post somewhere else where somebody said they were having problems with dirt with cement.

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I really like the cement color though I think if I was going to design one I would go for that color too. I just read post somewhere else where somebody said they were having problems with dirt with cement.

Right, it looks really good it seems that every accent color looks good with a cement back, but oil and dirt is very noticeable as well.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, if the back you want is black, then you should know that the woven black back is smooth and soft touch. The white is different.

I have the white and held the black as well and they both feel the similar to me, more of a wax canvas type of feel in my opinion.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the white and held the black as well and they both feel the similar to me, more of a wax canvas type of feel in my opinion.

Yeah me too. I help both but I don't remember a difference, not to say that there isn't one. But I really love the tacky feeling of my black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12