Wifi off and Ringer off -- HOW?

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I got a Moto X over the weekend to test out. My biggest concern was battery life as I am coming from a Razr Maxx. Battery life seems ok.

Two things I cannot figure out (and I searched the last 10 pages of this forum for the answers):

1 - I know Smart Actions are gone...how can I turn off WIFI when I leave my house?
2 - How can I manually turn my sounds off - there used to be a toggle on the password screen on the Razr. I work in radio and frequently walk into on air studios and need to turn my phone off so it doesn't ring when my jocks are on the air.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I got a Moto X over the weekend to test out. My biggest concern was battery life as I am coming from a Razr Maxx. Battery life seems ok.

Two things I cannot figure out (and I searched the last 10 pages of this forum for the answers):

1 - I know Smart Actions are gone...how can I turn off WIFI when I leave my house?
2 - How can I manually turn my sounds off - there used to be a toggle on the password screen on the Razr. I work in radio and frequently walk into on air studios and need to turn my phone off so it doesn't ring when my jocks are on the air.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff
WiFi and Sounds should have a widget in either the notifications or which can be added on the home screen. To quickly enable/enable WiFi and sounds. Check the notification tray or long press the home screen, add a widget and see if either of the two are available.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
There are two ways to do each.
WIFI- Go into settings and on the top turn on/off wifi.
Sounds- Long press the power button and when the menu comes up press the silent or vibrate tab.

The best and quickest way I have found to do both is to download the widgets and place them on your home screen. I have four widget from "Droidmania" which work great.View attachment 80322

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
WiFi and Sounds should have a widget in either the notifications or which can be added on the home screen. To quickly enable/enable WiFi and sounds. Check the notification tray or long press the home screen, add a widget and see if either of the two are available.

The sound/volume toggle in the notification panel is not part of Android. That's only part of skins, ROMs, or mods.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The sound/volume toggle in the notification panel is not part of Android. That's only part of skins, ROMs, or mods.
Correct. But most OEMs are starting to include the feature as standard. Even though the Moto X practically pure Android, I would have thought something like this would be included in the release - apparently it isn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams