Group Text Issue

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just recently picked up a Moto X and I absolutely love it. One issue I have been having (and it's a big deal for me) is that while participating in a group text, sometimes the message will not send to all of the people in the chat. Has anyone had any similar issues or know a fix for this?

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Go to the play store and install Textra. Way better than stock, lightweight with the right features and fast. No group text issues and I group text a lot.

Posted via Motorola Motox

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to the play store and install Textra. Way better than stock, lightweight with the right features and fast. No group text issues and I group text a lot.

Only problem with any 3rd party SMS app like Textra is that you lose the text reading capability from Moto Assist while you're driving.

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Another nice feature of Textra, it has a pop up option for incoming messages. So if you're on another app or screen and get a text, you get a pop up window where you can reply and it closes. No need to exit the current app you may he using and open the text app. Great multi tasking.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been using handcent mostly for the pop up, the ability to personalize the text tone for important contacts, schedule a text for sometime in the future, etc. Never have got the hang of group messaging though. Not knowing enough people that care, or know what a group text is may be part of that

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been using handcent mostly for the pop up, the ability to personalize the text tone for important contacts, schedule a text for sometime in the future, etc. Never have got the hang of group messaging though. Not knowing enough people that care, or know what a group text is may be part of that

I also used Handcent for a while. Loved the features on it, more than go sms. The problem was, at least on my phone, it was not smooth and lagged a lot, taking away from the experience. It reminded me of my old Atrix 4g. Great phone for a while, until it started to lag and became jittery.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've used Handcent as well. I've since returned my Moto X and am waiting for Moto Maker to come to Verizon since I love the phone so much. I want to have that personal touch.

I've never tried Textra before, but I'll surely give it a shot when I get the phone back. Perhaps it was just an issue with the unit I had since most other people I speak to haven't had the same issue. Thanks for the feedback!

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I also used Handcent for a while. Loved the features on it, more than go sms. The problem was, at least on my phone, it was not smooth and lagged a lot, taking away from the experience. It reminded me of my old Atrix 4g. Great phone for a while, until it started to lag and became jittery.

+1

I've used Handcent, GO SMS, Chomp and a few others. Textra is my favorite by far.

26kick

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I put handcent on my X and its working like a charm. I like the color customization , group texting, and send delay . I had the same experience with it on my last phone where it got really laggy, but I think newer phones handle it quite well. You've got me curious about Textra though...

Posted via Android Central App

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If the stock app would have the option of a pop up box for a new text, I wouldn't bother with Handcent, Go, Textra, or any of those. Killing the drive notifications defeats the purpose of one of the features of the moto x

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If the stock app would have the option of a pop up box for a new text, I wouldn't bother with Handcent, Go, Textra, or any of those. Killing the drive notifications defeats the purpose of one of the features of the moto x

If you're rooted, you can flash the Cyanogenmod MMS which does have the pop-up and quick reply feature. It just replaces your stock messaging app so the Moto Assist Drive function works the same.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted, you can flash the Cyanogenmod MMS which does have the pop-up and quick reply feature. It just replaces your stock messaging app so the Moto Assist Drive function works the same.

Thanks for the tip, but not into rooting and flashing and all that. Too busy to fool with that stuff

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Moto X yet, but I've been using an app called SMS Popup with my RAZR Maxx HD for the last year or so. Works great with the stock messaging client.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I group text a lot and have had no issues sending and receiving messages with the stock app.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Pulled the trigger again and got my X back. Only issue now is people with iPhones are still trying to send texts to my iMessage. Never going iPhone again.