Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Taking pics with Camera- they are SMALL when I email/upload them

Arrrrrrrrgggggg

When I take a picture with the Moto X and then send it to PHOTOBUCKET it is tiny.
    What can I do to get them back to 'real' size again?

They are about 1/3 size compared to the Droid I used to have.

Global Posts
    2,189 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Taking pics with Camera- they are SMALL when I email/upload them

Check the camera settings. Ensure you don't have the size set very low by accident.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Scott, but I'm a neophyte.

How would I even check the size?

Yes how would you even change the size?

as far as i can tell you can't change the size. you can only turn HDR mode on, off, or auto, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by asylvia View Post
    as far as i can tell you can't change the size. you can only turn HDR mode on, off, or auto, whatever that means.
    Im really annoyed with how bare bones the camera options are. How can you not be able to change photo resolution?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,189 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I'd assume, if you cannot change it in settings, it would default to largest possible. Is anyone else having this issue as well?

I emailed a few photos from my X and they arrived at full resolution for the camera. If you want to be able to take images of smaller sizes and different qualities, I suggest ProCapture. It has a variety of different settings and modes. It allows you to adjust WB, Exposure, focus mode, scene modes, image size and quality. I only wish you could set it as the default camera for Quick Capture. Still it is worth checking out. I've been using it for quite a while. Not always as my main camera, but it's there in case I need to do a little more tweaking.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It' s not the resolution that stinks- it's the fact that when emailed/uploaded they are TINY sized.

I'm sure you rebooted the phone to see if that made a difference....that's always my first resort

This is very odd. I just got this phone from Sprint yesterday and I could not find the resolution setting either. I prefer to use lower MP, but not such that is bad quality.