ANNOYING "glitch" during phone calls

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so lets see if anyone else has encountered this or hopefully its not a setting otherwise ill be mad.

EVERY SINGLE time i get or make a call, the screen immediately goes blank upon answering (the call is still active) and there is no way for me to see the screen to either multitask, hang up, bring in another call, NOTHING. I push the power button, the volume button, NOTHING. i literally have to wait for the other person to hang up and when they do, it briefly shows the call being hung up and then goes to lock screen. i tried facing the phone in all directions so it doesnt "think" its against my ear for it to blank out (the gnex did this flawlessly) but this darn thing is extremely annoying. also, my "sleep" setting under display is set to a minute so i know its not that.

anyone?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have not experienced this issue. The call screen appears as I answer and when I pull the phone from my ear it behaves as I would expect with the screen relighting and everything.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have a weird/similar issue where when receiving calls the screen is like 2/3 black where normally the caller info is, but I still have access to the accept or ignore call part on the bottom. Very strange

Sent from my XT1060

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok so lets see if anyone else has encountered this or hopefully its not a setting otherwise ill be mad.

EVERY SINGLE time i get or make a call, the screen immediately goes blank upon answering (the call is still active) and there is no way for me to see the screen to either multitask, hang up, bring in another call, NOTHING. I push the power button, the volume button, NOTHING. i literally have to wait for the other person to hang up and when they do, it briefly shows the call being hung up and then goes to lock screen. i tried facing the phone in all directions so it doesnt "think" its against my ear for it to blank out (the gnex did this flawlessly) but this darn thing is extremely annoying. also, my "sleep" setting under display is set to a minute so i know its not that.

anyone?

Yep had the same exact issue for a couple of days. Extremely frustrating. Went to the Verizon store to complain about it and it magically went away. How long has this been going on for you?

Posted via Android Central App

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Its been happening for as long as ive had the phone (a week) BUT i think i may have resolved it. As 2 users just posted about the screen protector...what i had was the original plastic screen cover that the phone came with (yes i know its not a screen protector, i usually wait for the sticker to peel off before i take it off) so what i did was cut off the top portion of where it covers the senors and.....VOILA. i started making calls and the phone acted normal and would stop going blank. that seemed to have fixed the issue so to those who have similar issue, take off any plastic/screen covers and see if it works. if i encounter the issue again then ill post back and we will know for sure by then that its not any covers.

Anopy1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the app listed above to detect the sensor. I THINK I've fixed the issue as well. Just a small piece of my case was touching the sensor. I cut it away a bit and it has been working perfectly. I feel really stupid now!

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the app listed above to detect the sensor. I THINK I've fixed the issue as well. Just a small piece of my case was touching the sensor. I cut it away a bit and it has been working perfectly. I feel really stupid now!

Come to think of it I might have taken mine off right around the time that it started working.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the problem is definitely the plastic over the sensor. I had noticed that when I first got the device, which caused me to remove the plastic earlier than I would have otherwise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech