So I'm on my warranty replacement phone after my first custom moto had a bad speaker connection. That phone also had a super loud rattle to the vibrate.. This phone? No where near the noise. Its a normal vibrate. If yours has the rattle I would consider returning doesn't appear it should do that.
Posted via Android Central App
- 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM #2
- 5 Posts
Re: loud vibrate
I just got my Moto X a few days ago, and today was my first day bringing it with me to my office...where I noticed for the first time how incredibly loud the vibration is when I get an email, gChat, or other notification, and the phone is sitting on my desk or a table in an otherwise fairly quiet room. I like to know when a notification comes in, but it lessens the benefits of having the phone set to vibrate in the first place when everyone else in a 15-foot radius can hear the vibration.
I came across a few other people on the AC forums also complaining about loud vibrations on the Moto X, but many of them seem more concerned with the vibration during an unlock swipe (about which I don't care). A number of folks over at xda-developers have also observed the vibration of the Moto X being quite strong/loud, and have reported that in-store and multiple copies (pre-made and moto maker) share the same loud vibration characteristics. From what I've seen from these links, your replacement with a quiet vibration appears to be a rare exception to the standard of loud vibration on the Moto X; lucky you!
While this certainly is an annoyance, the rest of the phone is good enough that I'm sure I'll learn to live with it (begrudgingly ).
- 02-07-2014, 06:37 AM #3
- By Cool Jeff in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 10-13-2013, 09:01 AM
- By Googil_Naji in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM
- By jjcampnr in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:25 PM
- By drich290195 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2013, 05:52 AM
- By JSD13 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 13Last Post: 09-06-2013, 11:33 PM