Moto X - Shipping issues.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on 9/9/13 at 3pm. Paid in full. 599.00$. It stated in stock, 2 day shipping. So how the heck has it taken someone 3 days to walk over to a shelf, take it off the shelf, and then let it sit around waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Their is a serious issue going on over at the Texas plant. I would have gotten it faster if it was made in China. I watched that little video they had of the Texas plant! Did not look to promising. And they can't blame this on fedex, they have been in business for a long time. Don't state 2 day shipping, and if it's not in stock don't say it is. I ordered a in stock nexus 4 from the Google play store and it got to my house in under 48hrs. I ordered the GS4 the day it was released and got it over nighted to me for free. What's the issue here Motorola? I bet this will be your last plant in America!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That should have been picked up by FedEx either today (11th) or tomorrow (12th) for 2 day shipping (ships in two business days) and depending on which should arrive between the 12th and 16th to comply with the shipping schedules.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
No offense but there could be some serious patience issues here not shipping. I was expecting to hear about someone who has waited two weeks or something.

I've received two separate phones in 2 days from them.. It will make it.

By the way 9.9 at 3pm doesn't count as a business day.. Your first business day is 9.10 so technically your phone shouldn't touch down till tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When someone says 2 day shipping most would tend to believe that the package should arrive to u within 2 business days of ordering. Not within 2 business days of "whenever we feel like putting it in a box and handing off to FedEx, a week later". That's called "handling" from the old phrase "shipping & handling" Businesses have dropped the word handling to make the consumer believe the package will received in 2 days.

When u purchase over night delivery, that means the package will get to u the next day, by latest 3pm.

Last edited:

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
3pm is not a day.. That's the end of a day. Yesterday was the first business day on your shipping time. Not 9.9

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They say usually ships within 1-2 business days and then you have the shipping option, presumably 2 day shipping. For FedEx that usually means, not counting the day you ordered (unless the seller rushes it) 2-4 business days total. Depending on the day of the week, that can be 2 to 6 calendar days, assuming no holidays or issues that cause delays.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
3pm is not a day.. That's the end of a day. Yesterday was the first business day on your shipping time. Not 9.9

Not sure what time zone your in, but lets not count the 9/9/13, I agree 3 pm is the end of the day. 9/10/13; 9/11/13 that's 2 days and it hasn't shipped, and today is the 12th, very ealry. That's 2 full business days. I guaranty that I will still not have received the phone, or will it even be marked as shipped.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Only one of my phones was marked as shipped. The other showed up before any status was changed through Motorola site.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Only one of my phones was marked as shipped. The other showed up before any status was changed through Motorola site.

That's always a positive. They said mine has been ready for release for 1 full day as of yesterday at 3pm. With no tracking number aval, because it's been waiting for FedEx for 1 full day, and they can't give me a reason why it's still their.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When u purchase over night delivery, that means the package will get to u the next day, by latest 3pm.

I agree, but companies tend to be careful about guaranteeing delivery by x date. They're even couching 1-2 days handling time to say, "typically ships within 1-2 business days", which I read as, "on average, YMMV". FedEx is then estimating delivery at 2 business days from when it's in their hands.

Hopefully they get rolling soon, but based on the dates you'd provided my guess would have been for received on the 13th or 16th, but FedEx needs to have it in their hands on the 12th to make either possible.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but companies tend to be careful about guaranteeing delivery by x date. They're even couching 1-2 days handling time to say, "typically ships within 1-2 business days", which I read as, "on average, YMMV". FedEx is then estimating delivery at 2 business days from when it's in their hands.

Hopefully they get rolling soon, but based on the dates you'd provided my guess would have been for received on the 13th or 16th, but FedEx needs to have it in their hands on the 12th to make either possible.

Ordered on 9th, not a full day, don't count it. The 13th would be 4 business days, the 16th would be 5 business days. I agree with you on that. But they state 2 day shipping! Not 4-5 days shipping. If you say 2 day shipping it means 2 day shipping (48hrs in transit) The handling time is already factored in. Motorola is a huge company, they are extremely overwhelmed in Texas and this is why my phone is late. Not my fault, not my problem.

It was paid by credit card! Not like they gotta wait for the check to clear.......

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Right, but 2 days starts when it ships. The "ships within" is where the time is added. I'm not trying to say that I like it or agree with the language, but to explain how it works.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Right, but 2 days starts when it ships. The "ships within" is where the time is added. I'm not trying to say that I like it or agree with the language, but to explain how it works.

I get that 2 days starts when it ships. But when does it ship, where does the "ships within" come into play. Where does it say "ships within"? It says "2 day shipping" Those are 2 totally different meanings. This is not a custom moto maker phone. Just a woven black T-Mobile version.

So basically I have a business and I have something in stock. I offer "2 day shipping" but it doesn't start till I get off my lazy *** and drop it off at the post office 10 days later. O well, that's when I shipped it, you'll get it in two days from then. 12 days later. That's my 2 days shipping. That's not how it works! Lol.

I need a frigging beer. Haha..

Last edited:

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I get that 2 days starts when it ships. But when does it ship, where does the "ships within" come into play. Where does it say "ships within"? It says "2 day shipping" Those are 2 totally different meanings. This is not a custom moto maker phone. Just a woven black T-Mobile version.

So basically I have a business and I have something in stock. I offer "2 day shipping" but it doesn't start till I get off my lazy *** and drop it off at the post office 10 days later. O well, that's when I shipped it, you'll get it in two days from then. 12 days later. That's my 2 days shipping. That's not how it works! Lol.

I need a frigging beer. Haha..

Moto told me they have 7 business days to ship things, ridiculous!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I hear some got theirs in less than a week, and I have also heard theirs been shipping issues. Just watch it just show up. Their just not keeping track, not sure if thats on Motorola or FedEx, lol.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Still has not been shipped. Just sitting around in Texas for 2 days waiting for someone to do something.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is their customer chat no help? I'm really hoping they're aiming ahead of that 7 day figure.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is their customer chat no help? I'm really hoping they're aiming ahead of that 7 day figure.

Glad you called it "Customer Chat" because calling it "Customer Service" would be a huge misnomer! As thegrants82 mentions, try it once and you'll have your answer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz