Screen burn in

Ualrdynodo

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Was looking at the moto x on display at verizon and noticed some intense burn in on the nav bar...i know that they are running at full brightness but the phone only came out 2 weeks ago

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Display ones are as well crafted as the real ones? more like cheaper throw aways. I don't know.

I don't think that's true. However, consider this. I've seen devices in Verizon stores where the screen never turns off. A still image such as the Navigation Bar being activated all day can't be good for the display.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Was looking at the moto x on display at verizon and noticed some intense burn in on the nav bar...i know that they are running at full brightness but the phone only came out 2 weeks ago

I'm not sure this could ever happen in real world conditions.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED Displays are known for screen burn in. However, the image has to be on the display for a lengthy amount of time. So don't base your decision on that. Also, watch out for performance issues with store displays since people will download and open a bunch of apps.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Burn in is going to happen, period. Blues burn out faster. You can really see burn in, in the nav bar, against a blue background. It's something that is unavoidable unless you're going to do something to burn out the other colors as fast as blue goes. Every Android I've ever had has been AMOLED and while they've all had burn in, the only time I've noticed it is on the GNex watching full screen video like Netflix.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11