makes a great first impression!

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Another cool thing..>I have a new 2013 F150 with Sync, and with motoassist on when I get a text message it reads it allowed to me and comes through the sound system of my truck, and not just the speaker of the phone....pretty cool

my car has built in pandora and links with my phones, reads out my texts messages and does all my calls through a seperate mic and speaker then my phone

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have both the HTC One and the Moto X. The Moto X is nice and has some nice features but I edge it out the HTC One is a bit better. I been using both phones heavily as well.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
How's the difference in screen and speaker quality?

Posted via Android Central App

The screens on both look nice but the HTC One screen is more clean. The Moto X has a blue tint to it if you move the phone side to side esp when your surfing the web or reading a book. The Moto X speakers are LOUD but the HTC One has beats audio and is really really good. Great bass sounds. Both phones would be the same size except for the front facing speakers on the One which makes the phone a tad longer.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the HTC ones screen has spoiled me for any other phone. But I'm sure after using the moto x for a while you get use to it right?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
could you please post a pic of 6 hours of on screen time on the moto x's tiny battery..

its battery advantages are more about off screen.

If you to into the battery thread I have a picture getting 5hr 15min or so I believe it is.. There are a few pictures of 6hrs.

Also it is known that this phone dies not idle well, it did better during use

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If you to into the battery thread I have a picture getting 5hr 15min or so I believe it is.. There are a few pictures of 6hrs.

Also it is known that this phone dies not idle well, it did better during use

So could you get 5-6 hours screen on AND a whole days worth of battery life or is that like straight usage?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the HTC ones screen has spoiled me for any other phone. But I'm sure after using the moto x for a while you get use to it right?

A screen of such subtle change is really nothing to even consider when you're talking such a performance difference and features that are useful with the moto x. I'm two weeks in and still love the hell out of this thing. Especially active notifications. Literally changed how I interact with the phone.

BTW this amoled is way better than the s3 screen.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So could you get 5-6 hours screen on AND a whole days worth of battery life or is that like straight usage?

I got around 13hrs usage with a Lil over 5hrs screen time. With my nexus 4 using Franco kernel I got maximum of 4hrs screen time with maybe 5hrs total usage. I use the hell out of my phones for emails, calls, social media and texting. I'm hardly idle for 30-60 min. So often on a heavy day I'm 5hrs usage with 7-9hrs total cause I'm on the damn thing so much

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Typical work day for me. Over 8 hours LTE, over 2 hours screen time, Moto X up for over 10.5 hours so far today. 66% left with every option on from assist to google now. Except bluetooth. I also use Llama to manage my WiFi when I leave home and to put my phone into quiet while I'm at work. I have never had a day in 2+ weeks that I have had to charge before I go to bed and I have also never had less than 6 hours of screen time with less than 20% charge left. Personally I do not see any difference in battery use between LTE and WiFi. One other interesting thing with my Moto X compared to my GS4, iPhone5 and Droid Maxx is that the second 50% always lasts longer than the first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-16-16-47-49.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-16-16-47-49.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2013-09-16-16-47-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-16-16-47-39.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Damn this thing is sounding good. how's the build quality?

I really appreciate all the responses. Its a lot of money to be shelling out for an off contract phone and I want to make sure its worth the money. Its either I jump on this right away or wait for these upcoming phones and see how they turn out once reviewed.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

I really appreciate all the responses. Its a lot of money to be shelling out for an off contract phone and I want to make sure its worth the money. Its either I jump on this right away or wait for these upcoming phones and see how they turn out once reviewed.

Well if you actually have the time then wait and see what comes out. Definitely wouldn't hurt to see what the Nexus 5 brings to the table. The Nexus 5 should be the best thing to come out this year. In my opinion that is.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I really enjoy the build quality. Its plastic but a much more solid feel than the s3 and 4. Im not a huge fan of the heavy aluminum design from HTC, if it were more like the iPhone 5 that would be different. By the looks of leaks the nexus 5 should have a similar feel to the new nexus 7 and I love that feel and would relate the build quality and no slip texture to the back of my moto x being close to the same feel.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well if you actually have the time then wait and see what comes out. Definitely wouldn't hurt to see what the Nexus 5 brings to the table. The Nexus 5 should be the best thing to come out this year. In my opinion that is.

Hopefully that comes out soon because I really do want to wait for that. My main concern for that would be battery life. Especially after knowing what's possible out of the moto x.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy the build quality. Its plastic but a much more solid feel than the s3 and 4. Im not a huge fan of the heavy aluminum design from HTC, if it were more like the iPhone 5 that would be different. By the looks of leaks the nexus 5 should have a similar feel to the new nexus 7 and I love that feel and would relate the build quality and no slip texture to the back of my moto x being close to the same feel.

So the plastic isn't really slippery in the hand? That's a big problem with the HTC one. The metal is nice but its slippery as....well, bare metal!

It seemed to have a very durable build to it as well, being one piece.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully that comes out soon because I really do want to wait for that. My main concern for that would be battery life. Especially after knowing what's possible out of the moto x.

If your main concern is battery life then look at the LG G2. But yeah I think that the nexus 5 alone is a great reason to wait if your not sold on the moto x. But I am still very impressed by the moto x. I would be a total moto fan if tech support was better but that's not happening.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So the plastic isn't really slippery in the hand? That's a big problem with the HTC one. The metal is nice but its slippery as....well, bare metal!

It seemed to have a very durable build to it as well, being one piece.

I has a custom moto with the cement back plate that was super slippery. Like ice cube slippery at times. Haha.

The matte black back with no slip surface is awesome though. I want all my phones to have that.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If your main concern is battery life then look at the LG G2. But yeah I think that the nexus 5 alone is a great reason to wait if your not sold on the moto x. But I am still very impressed by the moto x. I would be a total moto fan if tech support was better but that's not happening.

The g2 is nice and it has top specs but I really don't want all the software that comes with it. And before anyone gets on my *** about rooting and what not, like that last guy, don't bother saying anything. Just don't really prefer the phone. And it doesn't have active notifications. Lol so pretty much I'm waiting for that nexus. I know of all the other phones and what not. I'm just so intrigued by this one.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I has a custom moto with the cement back plate that was super slippery. Like ice cube slippery at times. Haha.

The matte black back with no slip surface is awesome though. I want all my phones to have that.

So there's a variation on the custom ones? I am with att so I'd definitely be taking advantage of that but wouldn't want a slippery one, that's for sure! Lol