Anyone else spooked by all these problems?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
And I'm saying it's really not much different than exchanging another defective phone of a different brand. I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.

Posted via Android Central App

This is stupid. You shouldn't have to read some book or learn or get educated to warranty out your device. If the phone has a problem and it is the manufacturers fault or responsibility to take care of it they should. No other company will routinely warranty out a device that's out of warranty, 2nd owner, etc. none. One year is one year everywhere else. My boss just took in a 2 year old iPhone 4 that died completely while he was playing solitaire and Verizon told him to kick rocks. It's not even covered by apple and they took care of it he was out of the store in 15 minutes

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So, in my city, we have no Apple store. This is a 100% true story by the way, and is the reason I never got an iPhone.

My buddy Streeter got an iPhone. It was 2008. I think it was the 3GS. His screen was acting crazy. I have no idea what crazy meant, it's just what he said. He needed to go to the Somerset mall in Troy. We live in Flint. This is an hour+ trip because of traffic, so I said, screw it, I will ride with you.

We get to the Apple store. It looked great, clean, white, blue, pretty. This is a tech store I though. We walk into the store, and a girl is working the door, doesn't even look up to greet us. The store was actually empty.

He walks up to the back counter, where they take your info, and he says my iPhone is acting crazy. The guy at the counter asks. "Do you have an appointment?" Streeter says, "uh, no, didn't know I needed one."

"You have to have an appointment" the guy says.

"There is no one in here, can you at least take a quick look?" Streeter asked.

"No, you have to have an appointment". He says.

"Dude, this place is empty". I said.

"Well, can I make an appointment?" Rich asked.

"Yes, let me check to see when I can get you fit you in... How about 315 today?" The guy asked. Looking up at the clock, it read 255. "That's in 20 minutes!" I blurted out.

"Yes, there is other work to do until then" He said.

"FINE!" Streeter said.

We go to the front of the store, sit on the bench. The two "Geniuses" then talk about the show Heroes and World of War Craft for 20 minutes.

At 1515 we walk up to the desk, the SAME EXACT GUY looks up and says "Hello, welcome to Apple. Do you have an appointment?"

"WE WHERE JUST UP HERE, AND HAVE BEEN SITTING IN YOUR STORE FOR 20 MINUTES. NO ONE ELSE CAME IN HERE, YOU KNOW WE HAVE A DAMN APPOINTMENT!" I yelled.

After a few choice words, I had to wait outside, Streeter returned his iPhone, on the spot.

The smug arrogance of the Apple store is enough for me to never, ever buy an apple product, coupled with the abortion that is iTunes.

If I may say that the above scenario may have been possible, but it is difficult to believe - in my experience, and including EVERYONE I know, apple store has always met or exceeded my/their expectations. I've been to their store twice and only to ask questions about small details in iCloud and synching between devices - I have NEVER made an appointment, and the person at the door did not give up looking for an available expert with regard to my questions (granted the store is always full). That expert did not leave my side until all my questions were explained and options available. Actually they took care of both of my devices even though one of them was still at home - yeh iCloud is that cool. Before my first apple device. - I was always afraid to enter the store as it seemed a bit privileged (I think that's where non apple users get their "cult" feel from apple), but that's not the case at all - I have never been SOLD to with some accessory or service - always just advice and that's it. And before anyone jumps at an opportunity to troll about how full the stores are due to apple products breaking down - if u are waiting for assistance glance over to see what everyone is being assisted for: How do I do this? Or where can I get this for this? Or can you help my sync this or how do I set up this. Yes there are a couple of: this used to work, but now it does (or does not do) this... But many issues I was even able to clarify while I waited.

So, my point is: I think ever manufacturer owes their consumers the same privilege as Apple does for their customers.

But to stay on topic - Yes every brand of any product has a database of problems online ( or un forums such as this). MotoX is an awesome device because it's an Android but designed on same principals as Apple's iPhone. It's like getting the best of both worlds. If I ever find myself dissatisfied by Apple - MotoX will be the phone I buy (right after they improve the camera just a little).

Thanks for reading...

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
How? My ex-girlfriend's home button on her iPhone 4S died on her about a month out of warranty and they wanted her to pay full retail for a replacement.

Not our experience with iPhone 5. Her playlist screwed up from initial upgrade at AT&T store. Under warranty plus have Apple care. Appt made with closest Apple store 100 miles away. Go there and only solution is go back home, connect to iTunes on your computer and that might fix it. Totally disappointed here. Lost me - - Apple user from start of iPhones. Wife still has iPhone but no longer an enthusiast. Simply our experience.

So, in my city, we have no Apple store. This is a 100% true story by the way, and is the reason I never got an iPhone.

My buddy Streeter got an iPhone. It was 2008. I think it was the 3GS. His screen was acting crazy. I have no idea what crazy meant, it's just what he said. He needed to go to the Somerset mall in Troy. We live in Flint. This is an hour+ trip because of traffic, so I said, screw it, I will ride with you.

***Massive snippage***

"WE WHERE JUST UP HERE, AND HAVE BEEN SITTING IN YOUR STORE FOR 20 MINUTES. NO ONE ELSE CAME IN HERE, YOU KNOW WE HAVE A DAMN APPOINTMENT!" I yelled.

After a few choice words, I had to wait outside, Streeter returned his iPhone, on the spot.

The smug arrogance of the Apple store is enough for me to never, ever buy an apple product, coupled with the abortion that is iTunes.

I call the opposite of BS on these. My own experience is that the people who tell these "My phone was out of warranty for two years and they just replaced it free" stories all seem to be people the staff at the Apple store connect with visually. Good looking girls, young hip guys.

Older women who bring their kids with them, bald guys, and folks who just don't look hip get shut down hard at the Apple store.
Yeah, I'm not hip looking, and yeah my iPad did not get any leeway after simply going bad two weeks out of warranty. Why did they even let me make an appointment to drive down there?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I call the opposite of BS on these. My own experience is that the people who tell these "My phone was out of warranty for two years and they just replaced it free" stories all seem to be people the staff at the Apple store connect with visually. Good looking girls, young hip guys.

Older women who bring their kids with them, bald guys, and folks who just don't look hip get shut down hard at the Apple store.
Yeah, I'm not hip looking, and yeah my iPad did not get any leeway after simply going bad two weeks out of warranty. Why did they even let me make an appointment to drive down there?

Not quite sure how to respond.

Maybe a "Dont hate me because I am beautiful".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, right; rollseyes.....

Actually, this is a 100% true story. I don't give a hot damn if you believe it or not. This is the bull**** that I had to put up with that that store. My buddy isn't a member of this forum, but we have good laugh about this story at least once a year.

Those A holes made us make a damn appointment in an empty store. Keep in mind, this was 2008. That was less than a year after the iPhone dropped. It still had this air of mystery and superiority. It wasn't a hipster phone for simpletons yet. The Apple was a mythical experience for some people.

They where definitely smug back then. Take it or leave it, this the way it happened. If you would like, I can Facebook invite, I can post it, and we can have Streeter fill an the details from when I got kicked out of the store.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I am still stuck at the phrase "My buddy Streeter"

his last name is Streeter. his first nam,e is Rich, I know three Richards. Streeter, Cavette and Carol. I call Streeter, Streeter, Cavette, Rick, and Carol, Ricky. Don't know what else to tell you. You can also friend me on Facebook, I will post it, and SEVERAL of my friends will post about this. This was one of the many times I got an attitude with snobby people.

Those Apple jerks took the cake with this one. I could see if the store was full, it had two people, me and Streeter.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually, this is a 100% true story. I don't give a hot damn if you believe it or not. This is the bull**** that I had to put up with that that store. My buddy isn't a member of this forum, but we have good laugh about this story at least once a year.

Those A holes made us make a damn appointment in an empty store. Keep in mind, this was 2008. That was less than a year after the iPhone dropped. It still had this air of mystery and superiority. It wasn't a hipster phone for simpletons yet. The Apple was a mythical experience for some people.

They where definitely smug back then. Take it or leave it, this the way it happened. If you would like, I can Facebook invite, I can post it, and we can have Streeter fill an the details from when I got kicked out of the store.

I believe your story, but that is why there is no such thing as a 100 percent customer satisfaction rating.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I believe your story, but that is why there is no such thing as a 100 percent customer satisfaction rating.

Well, it was early 2008. They where different company back then. They made the iPhone seem elite back then. I am sure they are different now.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

We get to the Apple store. It looked great, clean, white, blue, pretty. This is a tech store I though. We walk into the store, and a girl is working the door, doesn't even look up to greet us. The store was actually empty.

He walks up to the back counter, where they take your info, and he says my iPhone is acting crazy. The guy at the counter asks. "Do you have an appointment?" Streeter says, "uh, no, didn't know I needed one."

"You have to have an appointment" the guy says.

"There is no one in here, can you at least take a quick look?" Streeter asked.

"Dude, this place is empty". I said.

"Well, can I make an appointment?" Rich asked.

"Yes, let me check to see when I can get you fit you in... How about 315 today?" The guy asked. Looking up at the clock, it read 255. "That's in 20 minutes!" I blurted out.

"Yes, there is other work to do until then" He said.

"FINE!" Streeter said.

We go to the front of the store, sit on the bench. The two "Geniuses" then talk about the show Heroes and World of War Craft for 20 minutes.

At 1515 we walk up to the desk, the SAME EXACT GUY looks up and says "Hello, welcome to Apple. Do you have an appointment?"

Honestly I think this may have had more to do with it being an Apple store in Sommerset Mall than it being an Apple Store.The Entitled of Birmingham, Bloomfield etc. Sommerset Mall is the "rich" mall in the suburbs for those not from the South East Michigan area. There is an endless ammount of employees and customer's who look down their noses at people who don't have the right look from the right brands.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I think this may have had more to do with it being an Apple store in Sommerset Mall than it being an Apple Store.The Entitled of Birmingham, Bloomfield etc. Sommerset Mall is the "rich" mall in the suburbs for those not from the South East Michigan area. There is an endless ammount of employees and customer's who look down their noses at people who don't have the right look from the right brands.

I have never seen an Apple store in a "poor" mall.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have never seen an Apple store in a "poor" mall.

tha tstill leaves all the Malls that are neither Poor Nor Rich. Middle Class malls if you will ;) and Apple does have stores in these.

the Ann Arbord and Novi Malls are middle class compared to Sommerset.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about this. I'm one ugly mofo and I have had great service at the Apple store where they went above and beyond to assist me with my wifes iPhone. :eek: BTW, you will also get great service if you call their Customer Service.

I'm not saying there's no incidence of bad service with Apple - just that it's in the minority of cases. With Moto (and a few other manufacturers), bad service is the norm and good service is in the minority of cases!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance