Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else spooked by all these problems?

I'm shocked at how many problems folks are having with their Moto X. I realize the very nature of forums attract people with problems/complaints, so reading the forums you might get a skewed perspective of the true quantity of problems experienced in the field. Is this typical of all new phones, or do folks feel like the Moto X has some real problems?

I had really decided on this phone -- but some of these are fundamental features of the phone and as a result deal killers for me. I keep reading and hoping Motorola comes out with (software) fixes. I have an old crappy phone that I've had for 3 years, but everything works. The 3 major concerns I see:

- Voice calls cutting out
    - Text messages being read when not driving
    - Active notification issues when pocketed

If it's software related, shouldn't the same issues be showing up in the Mini/Ultra/Maxx?

I want to buy this phone, so I'm really hoping these problems can be solved.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else spooked by all these problems?

I'm not having any of those problems on my att moto...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    dajobo 
    mbar9607 and ied0135 like this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
    I'm not having any of those problems on my att moto...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    My moto x has been flawless for over two weeks. But terrible moto tech support will most likely drive me away someday.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I haven't seen anything to indicate that it has any more or less issues than any other device. We're only a few weeks in and so its hard to tell, but the volume of complaints that aren't fixed by troubleshooting seems pretty low so far. I only know one other person with one (and mine) so far and they're both doing great, so I'm inclined to think that its more of a general technology buying luck of the draw situation than anything widespread.

Nexus. Through spacetime.
    Thanked by:

All of what problems? Aren't difficulties apart of every device? I had two bad iPhones in a row before. Some people are the reasons for their issues and the good far out weigh the bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    All of what problems? Aren't difficulties apart of every device? I had two bad iPhones in a row before. Some people are the reasons for their issues and the good far out weigh the bad.

Perfect example that you brought up with apple. Get a bad iPhone which is actually pretty rare, hit the closest apple store and you are on your way with a new phone either for free if its a bum phone or for a small fee if you broke it. Yes it's that easy. Now let's talk about dealing with moto support after your two weeks is up. Don't believe it? Trust me , you will

Alik Malix likes this.

Every forum here is full of problems when a new device drops. Mostly since people come for help or to vent.

As for the X, I've had the text reading bug, but got it fixed with the talkback update, other than that this phone has been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Perfect example that you brought up with apple. Get a bad iPhone which is actually pretty rare, hit the closest apple store and you are on your way with a new phone either for free if its a bum phone or for a small fee if you broke it. Yes it's that easy. Now let's talk about dealing with moto support after your two weeks is up. Don't believe it? Trust me , you will

And...? The same thing can be done with carrier stores and non-Apple phones. I have never dealt with manufacturer support in the past. I just go to Verizon and switch out the phone and it's never been a problem. Should be pretty easy to do with the X now that it is showing up in Verizon stores.

That said, I haven't had any of those problems listed with my Moto X.

rayden8 likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    And...? The same thing can be done with carrier stores and non-Apple phones. I have never dealt with manufacturer support in the past. I just go to Verizon and switch out the phone and it's never been a problem. Should be pretty easy to do with the X now that it is showing up in Verizon stores.

That said, I haven't had any of those problems listed with my Moto X.

Drop it or get it wet then tell me how they deal with it.

Thanked by:

Drop it or get it wet then tell me how they deal with it.

Doesn't matter to me. I have insurance. Apple Care exists for the same thing, doesn't it?

Banned

Doesn't matter to me. I have insurance. Apple Care exists for the same thing, doesn't it?

Understand that. Your trying to argue when all that I'm doing is saying how easy it is to replace a bad or damaged iPhone. Don't care what kind of insurance plan that your going to invent for your next response but you can't beat exchanging an iPhone.

Understand that. Your trying to argue when all that I'm doing is saying how easy it is to replace a bad or damaged iPhone. Don't care what kind of insurance plan that your going to invent for your next response but you can't beat exchanging an iPhone.

And I'm saying it's really not much different than exchanging another defective phone of a different brand. I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.

Thanked by 2:
    CrazyRussian007 and return_0 like this.

Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

From an insurance standpoint, you file a claim, the next morning a phone arrives, you activate it and then send the old one back. Slightly less convenient than just getting a new one right away, but if you're like me and don't necessarily have time to go to a store to do an exchange, waiting until the next morning for the replacement isn't too bad.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Nope, not spooked. Mine has had zero issues since I got it.

I think you answered your own question re: nature of the forums. Look at pretty much every model specific forum and you'll find the same types of posts, so not sure why you'd be "shocked".

None of this is new and certainly not unique to the Moto X.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

My phone was great, except for the battery. It sucked.
    Banned

And I'm saying it's really not much different than exchanging another defective phone of a different brand. I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.

Lol. Dude you are clueless if that's what you believe but I read you insulting and very uneducated posts everyday so....just makes me laugh. Not going to get sucked into your insults. You win, happy now?

Thanked by:
    CrazyRussian007 likes this.

Lol. Dude you are clueless if that's what you believe but I read you insulting and very uneducated posts everyday so....just makes me laugh. Not going to get sucked into your insults. You win, happy now?

I, for one, am happy because NHL preaseason starts today wooo! Go jets go!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    briancook451 likes this.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

My only complaint about this phone is how loud the vibration motor is. Aside from that, it has been perfect. It is the first phone I've bought in a loooong time that I didn't have to swap out right away because of some glaring defect. Call quality has been great, battery life OUTSTANDING, active notifications the greatest thing ever... I seriously love this phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Every forum has one...

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkreef View Post
    I realize the very nature of forums attract people with problems/complaints, so reading the forums you might get a skewed perspective of the true quantity of problems experienced in the field.
    The End
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I haven't seen anything to indicate that it has any more or less issues than any other device.
    This.

Any product that's produced in these quantities is going to have a few duds here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    From an insurance standpoint, you file a claim, the next morning a phone arrives, you activate it and then send the old one back. Slightly less convenient than just getting a new one right away, but if you're like me and don't necessarily have time to go to a store to do an exchange, waiting until the next morning for the replacement isn't too bad.
    Actually, this is very true... For many millions of people it would actually be easier to replace or fix a non-Apple phone than an iPhone... Because thegrants82's argument only is applicable if you have an Apple store in your vacinity and are able to get to the store whenever you're actually able to make an appointment. I know that in Texas, there are many stores in the DFW area, one in El Paso, a couple in Austin-San Antonio, and a few in Houston. That only covers a very small part of the state, which makes many many people completely unable to easily get to an Apple store to get their Apple products looked at. Even if someone is in the area they are not guaranteed to be able to make an appointment to see a "genius" at a time where they can easily get to the store.

Everyone has access to their carrier store, so everyone has access to getting their devices fixed with different manufacturers.

I may have the first one, don't have the 2nd or 3rd. I do think many phones have their issues when they first come out, I remember a few bad iPhone ones back in the day, people were exchanging my palm pre left and right, Kindle white (not a phone, I know) , etc. Sammy s4 spent quite a bit of time working on the lag, etc. Clearly many of us have one of the issues you mentioned, but many do not. I have the first and may have to switch out, willing to go through a number of handsets if I have to cuz I really like this phone... A lot. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Hmm, wonder about those droids, interesting.

Posted from my moto x

Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    This.

Any product that's produced in these quantities is going to have a few duds here and there.
    Sounds like a lot of the issues are software related which is a good thing. Once the updates come out everything should be fine. But from hat I read, people are really loving the phone. I was tempted a few times to buy it myself.

I got a new moto x in 24hrs. Shipped and in my hands in less that 2 business days. Honestly that was less of a hassle then making an appt to see someone at apple and at mine in town sometimes they can't even see you that day they are so busy. I think it goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by tortex73 View Post
    My only complaint about this phone is how loud the vibration motor is. Aside from that, it has been perfect. It is the first phone I've bought in a loooong time that I didn't have to swap out right away because of some glaring defect. Call quality has been great, battery life OUTSTANDING, active notifications the greatest thing ever... I seriously love this phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Every forum has one...
    I'd return it for vibration motor. My first one that had a bad speaker was that way. The replacement is like a normal phones vibration

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast