My Moto X is being difficult

MotoX405

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
the flash won't work, not in the camera app not in flashlight apps nothing, it hasn't always malfunctioned but for some reason it is now. Any ideas? The camera app also doesn't have any flash options or anything just reverse camera button and video option nothing else?. Weird. thanks for the help.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Without any more information, the most obvious guesses would be a lose connection between the flash and the logic board or a faulty piece of code in the kernel that controls it. The first is more likely. Was it dropped at all? Are you on the stock firmware? Are you rooted or unlocked or completely factory? If it is software related, a factory reset may help. If it is hardware, you may have to have it sent in for repairs.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The camera app also doesn't have any flash options or anything just reverse camera button and video option nothing else?

Did you swipe rightwards from the left-hand edge of the phone in order to open the settings and enable the flash? There are other setting options for the camera than to reverse the camera or capture video. They're just not onscreen at all times.

MotoX405

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
yeah i tried the options even though i didn't know they were there haha, but it still didn't work. I did drop it the other day and I'm starting to realize that this phone was a HUGE mistake, i didn't throw it, it was just a waist level drop and it dented the plastic, complete waste on a cheap piece of junk. After i let off some steam, whats the damage for a repair?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
yeah i tried the options even though i didn't know they were there haha, but it still didn't work. I did drop it the other day and I'm starting to realize that this phone was a HUGE mistake, i didn't throw it, it was just a waist level drop and it dented the plastic, complete waste on a cheap piece of junk. After i let off some steam, whats the damage for a repair?

A lot of time, money and frustration if you have no insurance and have to deal with Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So the phone was a big mistake and a huge waste of time before or after you dropped it?

Sorry you dropped it and all...that sucks but if you weren't having issues before the drop you may be done with troubleshooting.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
So the phone was a big mistake and a huge waste of time before or after you dropped it?

Sorry you dropped it and all...that sucks but if you weren't having issues before the drop you may be done with troubleshooting.

Wow thanks for clearing that up.

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome?

OP did not disclose drop until after proclaiming "waste of time/piece of junk". Simply pointing out the questionable logic of that.

Look, I understand from your other posts you like to internet argue but I'm not interested.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Morons taking shots at each other should be banned or given their own forum: the zoo. Quit, idiots, stay on op topic, or don't post at all, or is that task too difficult? This forum is becoming a field for a few idiots trading cheap shots at each other. Not cool.