Group Messaging?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So I only know that to do Group messaging is to enter each participant in the texting app. Is their something new 4.2+ that say select a group in people and just text or another way to do it?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Your question is worded terribly. I can't even figure out what you're trying to do..

Open a text, add contacts to that message. Compile message. Press send.

Posted via Android Central App

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Your question is worded terribly. I can't even figure out what you're trying to do..

Open a text, add contacts to that message. Compile message. Press send.

Posted via Android Central App

Ok, heard something about 4.2 and better group messaging. Like if there was any other way than that method, like go into "People" select "Family" and it automatically enters all those. They should add that in 4.4. :p

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, heard something about 4.2 and better group messaging. Like if there was any other way than that method, like go into "People" select "Family" and it automatically enters all those. They should add that in 4.4. :p

While you can create a group in the people app, it doesn't look like you can actually email/text that group. Did some quick searching and it looks like Handset or GoSMS will do it. Give that a try.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
You can use Textra instead of the stock messaging app to text a group you've created with the People app. I find Textra to be easier to use (and lighter in weight) as compared to Handcent or GoSMS.