TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I saw the Moto X commercial where the lady says Ok Google now play ----song--- and it played. How you do that?

Ok well when you first say that like "Ok Google now, play led zepplin" you might have to select what music app on the google now screen after you say it, then once you select it and always. it should open the music app and start playing.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The first time you do it should bring up the song and ask you to select a method either Google Play store or all access or the music app if you don't have all access. The more specific you are the better the results.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You just say "okay Google now, play (song name)"

Adding, "by (artist)" can help with results, but that should be it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When it first displays the card, there should be a drop down that probably says YouTube. If you press that you should be able to tell it another source.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
3a7una2e.jpg

This screen?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a known problem where it doesn't always play the song, sometimes it brings up search results instead. Google is aware if the issue and is working in it. Google Now is still pretty new and has lots of bugs

Posted from my brand new, super slim, gorgeous red Droid Ultra

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i have yet to get the music playing function to work. it goes to a google search every time. my setting in google now has play music on. im on verzion and in usa.

i say ok google now play beatles. it does a search. i say play markus schulz, does another search. i try being specific with the artist and song, it still does a search.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have my own issues with the voice activated music, but that's because the majority of music I'dwantto listen to I either can't think of the name of, or are completely impossible for Google Now to rerecognize because they're not mainstream bands and many are either not words or are real words that are misspelled such as Kamelot and Heavatar.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
ok play music is checked. I hope they can fix cause that would be false advertising when the lady say ok google now play -song-

I just tried on mine and it worked. I said play knocking on heavens door and it opened up Google music and started playing GnRs knocking on heavens door.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze