Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question re Moto X Camera

Just wanted to get some other opinions about the MX camera

I'm not crazy about the camera on this phone and my phone's camera is important to me since I have a child and catch a lot of random moments of him when I have the phone but not my digital camera.

I've read a lot of the other threads, but I'm wondering if I should return the device I have (just got it from Verizon a few days ago) and try a new one to see if that unit has a better camera, since this one is so poor. Could it be I've just got a lemon? Some people seem to have the same problem but others seem to like the camera on their X.

Any thoughts as to whether just trying another unit could have a positive impact?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDLine View Post
    Just wanted to get some other opinions about the MX camera

I'm not crazy about the camera on this phone and my phone's camera is important to me since I have a child and catch a lot of random moments of him when I have the phone but not my digital camera.

I've read a lot of the other threads, but I'm wondering if I should return the device I have (just got it from Verizon a few days ago) and try a new one to see if that unit has a better camera, since this one is so poor. Could it be I've just got a lemon? Some people seem to have the same problem but others seem to like the camera on their X.

Any thoughts as to whether just trying another unit could have a positive impact?

Thanks!
    The Moto X camera isn't great, chances are you have a perfectly normal phone. If you want something that packs a punch with the camera, your best choice is probably the Nokia Lumia 1020. If you want a normal high quality camera, I highly recommend the Galaxy s4 or HTC one. All of these phones will provide you with a great camera and of course a great Android (or Windows phone) experience
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Question re Moto X Camera

Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    The Moto X camera isn't great, chances are you have a perfectly normal phone. If you want something that packs a punch with the camera, your best choice is probably the Nokia Lumia 1020. If you want a normal high quality camera, I highly recommend the Galaxy s4 or HTC one. All of these phones will provide you with a great camera and of course a great Android (or Windows phone) experience
    HTC One is only 4 MP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mfdemicco View Post
    HTC One is only 4 MP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    4 Ultra Pixels. Honestly I kinda do see a little bit of the mute with the camera, but its not bad by any means, good-great.

Seems to be a lot of differing opinions on this camera. I came from a One X which took phenomenal pictures and I don't think the Moto X is too far behind. The Moto is definitely better than the One X in low light situations. As for the One. It has 4 MPs but they are large pixels on a superior sensor. When it comes to megapixels, size and quality trump quantity.

ROM
    CM7.2 Custom port for X2

I love my Moto X and I have been impressed with the camera. Visit this link on G

https://plus.google.com/107970301821...ts/g8MyjFVWsrr

Or this

https://plus.google.com/100851134083...ts/M4zXhz25GqH

Hope this helps you decide.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks - I sure wish I could get pics like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dmgerbino View Post
    I love my Moto X and I have been impressed with the camera. Visit this link on G

https://plus.google.com/107970301821...ts/g8MyjFVWsrr

Or this

https://plus.google.com/100851134083...ts/M4zXhz25GqH

Hope this helps you decide.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks - I sure wish I could get pics like that.
    You definitely can get good pictures with the Moto X. But you will not get them consistently. Under the right conditions (lighting etc.), you should be able to get some decent pics. I consider myself lucky if I get one good picture out of every five that I take.

With the other phones I've used (Nokia 920, iPhone 5, Samsung GS4), I'd say 9 out of 10 pictures would be good. If the camera is amongst your top priorities, this is not the phone for you (at least for now). I hope that a firmware update along with a modified camera app will resolve these issues, but at this point I would not recommend the camera for anyone! Having said that, everything else on this phone is amazing so it all depends on whether you are willing to compromise on that one aspect.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bombay View Post
    I hope that a firmware update along with a modified camera app will resolve these issues...
    Thanks much - do you recommend any camera apps? I've never used any but the stock on the phone.

Thanks much - do you recommend any camera apps? I've never used any but the stock on the phone.
    Sorry, I meant an updated Moto camera app along with a firmware update for the Moto X. None of the other camera apps really resolve the photo quality issues on the Moto X - I've tried quite a few.