Speaker volume dropping...

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my second Moto X. The first one had a very loose power button and "crunchy" vibration. This second device seemed perfect to me until today when I noticed a glaring issue. The speaker will *always* drop from being very loud to being quiet after a second or two of playback. This happens with everything I've tried: Youtube, Gmusic, games, etc. This can't possibly be a hardware issue because if I stop the playback and restart it, it returns to normal for a few seconds, then reverts back. I've tried restarting, to no avail. Any ideas, guys?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This is my second Moto X. The first one had a very loose power button and "crunchy" vibration. This second device seemed perfect to me until today when I noticed a glaring issue. The speaker will *always* drop from being very loud to being quiet after a second or two of playback. This happens with everything I've tried: Youtube, Gmusic, games, etc. This can't possibly be a hardware issue because if I stop the playback and restart it, it returns to normal for a few seconds, then reverts back. I've tried restarting, to no avail. Any ideas, guys?

I've had this problem with both phones. My first one the speakers cracked during play back or speaker phone.

This one does it and a reboot usually fixes it. Definitely a software bug

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem with both phones. My first one the speakers cracked during play back or speaker phone.

This one does it and a reboot usually fixes it. Definitely a software bug

I reported this on the Motorola's forum and it was already addressed as a problem that is currently being worked on

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too sure if its sw issue ..never happened to me ..and I always use speaker phone to talk .. if it's happening every time you play something and is bothering you .. exchange your phone

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried restarting it again and it seems to be working normally now. Since Moto is working on a fix I'm going to try to hang onto this one for the sheer fact that I hate dealing with the red devil (VZW). Thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie