Moto X and Ford F-150 SYNC - Text Messages

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I have been thinking of picking up a Moto X for AT&T and have a question that hopefully a fellow Ford owner can help me with. I have a 2013 Ford F-150 pickup with the My Ford Touch SYNC system.

This SYNC system has a Messaging feature that will interact with the phone reading and displaying text messages. (notifications) My current Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition does not support this feature, and being that I use text messaging for work, I would love to use this feature.

I see that previous Motorola phones have supported the messaging, does the Moto X also support this as well?

For anyone that can help, does the Moto X work well with the Ford SYNC system?

Thanks!!

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2013 Ford F150 with Sync and MyFord..what happens with me when I get a text message the phone reads them out loud thru the car speakers by using the Moto Assist Feature...which is great... Then the sync system just says new message, but doesnt read the text to me again....then it pops right back to the music...works fine for me.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Nextnexus said:
This SYNC system has a Messaging feature that will interact with the phone reading and displaying text messages. (notifications) My current Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition does not support this feature

Have you updated SYNC to the latest version that just came out? I'm able to display messages on SYNC fine using an S3 on a 2013 Escape--strange that the S4 wouldn't. If I recall there was a separate prompt asking whether to allow message access--be sure to reply to that.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This SYNC system has a Messaging feature that will interact with the phone reading and displaying text messages. (notifications) My current Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition does not support this feature

Have you updated SYNC to the latest version that just came out? I'm able to display messages on SYNC fine using an S3 on a 2013 Escape--strange that the S4 wouldn't. If I recall there was a separate prompt during paring asking whether to allow message access--be sure to reply to that.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you updated SYNC to the latest version that just came out? I'm able to display messages on SYNC fine using an S3 on a 2013 Escape--strange that the S4 wouldn't. If I recall there was a separate prompt during paring asking whether to allow message access--be sure to reply to that.

He's using GPe...probably need Touchwiz to work.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey