Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with Moto X and USB?

I'm having some problems when I connect the Moto X to the PC.
    Usually this is an automatic process - today (first time I tried to connect the phone to the PC) the PC could not find the proper drivers (any Motorola drivers) and simply loaded a generic MTP driver. I'm not able to access my photos, music, etc. Has anyone else had any problems of this sort?

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Problems with Moto X and USB?

Make sure its connected as MTP device, should download the drivers for you, and do you have USB debugging activated?
    Go to Settings > Developer Options (Go into your about phone and tap quickly a few times on your build number. If its not in your settings.) > Check USB Debugging.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Make sure its connected as MTP device, should download the drivers for you, and do you have USB debugging activated?
    Go to Settings > Developer Options (Go into your about phone and tap quickly a few times on your build number. If its not in your settings.) > Check USB Debugging.
    Yes - everything is as it should be - just not recognizing it with any Motorola drivers. I'm thinking it should, rather than the generic MTP. Maybe this is just different from what I'm used to.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDLine View Post
    Yes - everything is as it should be - just not recognizing it with any Motorola drivers. I'm thinking it should, rather than the generic MTP. Maybe this is just different from what I'm used to.
    Well heres the drivers. Hm maybe try different USB ports? I found my phone connects only one 1 out of the 3 ports on my laptop.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Well heres the drivers. Hm maybe try different USB ports? I found my phone connects only one 1 out of the 3 ports on my laptop.
    Thanks for the willingness to help - I'll see if this works out.

Even i have the same problem i am not able to connect my moto x with any of the windows system.

MTP is on and USB de bugging os off and USB drivers are there in my PC, but still i am not able to connect please help me

When I connect my X to my compter, it shows as an XT1053 in File Manager. In My Computer, it shows as XT1053, Portable Media Player. In Device Manager, it shows under Android Device as Mot Composite ADB Interface. It also shows up under Portable Devices an XT1053. I have full read/write access to internal storage (sdcard). If you don't see the same designations, try uninstalling and deleting drivers in Device Manager and let them reinstall with the correct ones.