Wood back swap.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to find information regarding this anywhere so I'm guessing no one knows yet. Is the wooden back something that we'll be able to order and install ourselves or will it only be available through Moto maker as part of a whole phone?

Posted via Moto X

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find information regarding this anywhere so I'm guessing no one knows yet. Is the wooden back something that we'll be able to order and install ourselves or will it only be available through Moto maker as part of a whole phone?

Posted via Moto X

You cannot (easily) remove (and replace) the backs. The phone is designed as a closed form. So, no. You won't be able to swap the backs.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You cannot (easily) remove (and replace) the backs. The phone is designed as a closed form. So, no. You won't be able to swap the backs.

Basically this.

There is a video showing the removal of the back and while it doesn't look complicated, I know Motorola won't be selling the backs separate so you would have trouble getting a hold of one.

Sent from my White Moto X

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to see these backs as an option right now... Certainly a nice option and compliments the device well.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol