How does an AT&T Moto X work on T-Mobile?

CANE8081

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I found a relatively inexpensive AT&T X for sale, but I've gotten mixed answers on how it will work on T-Mo? I live in Orlando, so LTE is plentiful. Does it catch HSPA+?

pudgewack

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I use an ATT Moto X on TMO. I am in Kansas City, which is a refarmed area. I have had no problems at all.

With that said, I have yet to leave the KC metro area since having the phone. I am doing some traveling later today to rural KS. I am curious to see how the phone works outside the metro area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

CANE8081

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a buddy here at work that uses an ATT model on TMO and he has no issues here. I'm just nervous for when I travel around Florida.

MarlowXim

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's possible to get it to work on AWS but first you'll need a baseband dump from the tmobile variant or the developer version. Then flash the baseband to the AT&T model and it may just work. There might be an extra step where you'll need to enable UMTS 1700 from a hidden service menu. I haven't seen anyone attempt this yet, although I'm willing to try if someone is kind enough to dump the basebands.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does the AT&T Moto X not have the same bands that T-Mobile's does?

The T-mobile version has the 1700mhz freg, that the AT&T version is lacking. But if your in the refarmed area then you should be ok. If your in a outdated T-mobile network area you may only receive 2G Edge. I have been unable to located anything that shows T-Mobiles refarmed area. I can say this tho, If your in an area with T-Mobiles 4G LTE you will be fine. Traveling out side of this may leave you on a very slow network.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Glad to have found this post. I'm not sure I want to stay with ATT and don't really want to buy a new phone. I'm either going to unlock my x for T-Mobile or move to boost

______
Sent from my Motorola X using Tapatalk 4.0

KHWong0425

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I did just this as I am traveling to Asia in a few days.

I opt'd to sign up for the month to month Simple Choice plan from T-Mo since it provides free txting and unlimited data (2g) over seas.

I used an online unlocking service to buy an unlock code last month. You provide the IMEI, and payment, they provide a lock code.

Once you have the code, purchase your new nano sim card (straight talk, t-mobile, out of country provider) Turn off your phone, swap sims, and turn on your phone.

Upon booted up and back to the normal lock screen, it will ask you to input the code, at that time you put in the code, phone should unlock no issues.

To my knowledge this is where its dicey for 2nd hand phones on craigslist. I believe there is a set limit to how many times you can wrongly input an unlock code. From what I read its five to ten tries; seems no one can confirm. But inputting the wrong code too many times will lock itself up; rendering it useless; and I do not believe it will revert back to give you anymore tries.. So if you guys a phone on craigslist, the original owner tried to unlock with bad codes, it will count towards the miss tries. So you don't have a clue how many times you got.

But to go back, T-Mo works well for me in Scottsdale, AZ. call quality was fine, i was surfing the web without an issue on an AT&T Moto X.

deviantartjr

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did just this as I am traveling to Asia in a few days.

I opt'd to sign up for the month to month Simple Choice plan from T-Mo since it provides free txting and unlimited data (2g) over seas.

I used an online unlocking service to buy an unlock code last month. You provide the IMEI, and payment, they provide a lock code.

Once you have the code, purchase your new nano sim card (straight talk, t-mobile, out of country provider) Turn off your phone, swap sims, and turn on your phone.

Upon booted up and back to the normal lock screen, it will ask you to input the code, at that time you put in the code, phone should unlock no issues.

To my knowledge this is where its dicey for 2nd hand phones on craigslist. I believe there is a set limit to how many times you can wrongly input an unlock code. From what I read its five to ten tries; seems no one can confirm. But inputting the wrong code too many times will lock itself up; rendering it useless; and I do not believe it will revert back to give you anymore tries.. So if you guys a phone on craigslist, the original owner tried to unlock with bad codes, it will count towards the miss tries. So you don't have a clue how many times you got.

But to go back, T-Mo works well for me in Scottsdale, AZ. call quality was fine, i was surfing the web without an issue on an AT&T Moto X.

hi ,can u share what online unlocking service site you using?
i want to unlock it so i can use my moto x at my country (outside US)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers