Moto X _discharges_ on USB

Harlan H

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I've got a new Verizon Moto X which I like quite a lot so far. One big problem, though. It seems like although the phone will charge on USB when plugged into a computer, if the computer is off, the phone discharges fairly rapidly! So instead of waking up with the phone at 100%, it's at 0%. Not good.

Here's a screenshot of last night. I used it intermittently in the evening, then plugged it into my computer (you can see the little uptick), then turned off the computer. The battery claims to be charging, but the screen is on too, and seems to be draining faster than the USB port can supply power!

2013-09-29 07.57.04.png

In the short term, I'll just plug it in using the wall charger at night, but can anyone suggest a fix? Is there a mis-set setting somewhere? Is this a known bug? It seems like it might be related to this issue about car chargers. Thanks!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Awkward. I seen flat line but never a decrees like that.

You said with the computer off... Maybe the phone is trying to charge the computer. Haha, That would be messed up if it were true.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My best conjecture would be that either stay awake (while charging) is on or usb debugging got caught searching for input. Higher bet on the first.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Harlan H

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Ah. It looks like the stay awake while charging option was on in the debugging options. I suspect that the Verizon dude who set up the phone mistakenly didn't turn it off. I've turned off everything on that screen, and if the problem recurs, I'll update this thread.

Thanks!! :)